Getting Started with Blackboard
Review the information below on recommended browsers for using Blackboard, getting logged into and navigating Blackboard, and where to begin in this tutorial.
Technical Requirements for Using Blackboard
Step 1: Recommended Browsers – Online Learning recommends using either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for accessing Blackboard.
Please note: Some CFCC applications such as SAM require the use of Internet Explorer.
A list of all supported browsers is available from Blackboard.
Step 2: Browser Check – Perform a Browser Check to ensure your web browser is compatible with Blackboard.
Step 3: Install Java – It is extremely important to have the latest version of Java installed to ensure that Blackboard functions properly.
- Update Java on a PC
- To update Java on a Mac, use the Software Update feature in the Apple menu.
Step 4: Additional Browser Plug-ins – The following add-ins are recommended:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher recommended)
- Adobe Flash Player (version 8 or higher recommended)
There are two ways to access Blackboard:
- Go to http://my.cfcc.edu and click the My Classes button
- After you log in look for the My Courses box to see a list of courses you can access.
- Note: Only the current semester’s courses will be listed. Course numbers containing a Z (ex: ACA122-I1Z) will not be available until the beginning of the 2nd Mini Session.
Global Navigation in Blackboard (Video – 3:40)
Navigating Your Course