Taking Tests Online
Before beginning a test in Blackboard, please be sure to check that your computer meets the technical requirements listed earlier in this Tutorial under Getting Started.
To take a test in Blackboard:
- Click on the title of the test.
- Read any Instructions carefully.
- Click the green Begin button when you are ready to start the test.
- Carefully read each question and answer it to the best of your ability.
- Click the Submit button when you are finished.
How to Take a Test Online (Video – 3:03)
- Only use a computer with a wired internet connection – do not try to take a test using a wireless connection or on a mobile device .
- For timed exams, if you are able to save your questions and navigate away from the exam, the timer is still running.
- Be sure to save your answers often.
- Only ever have the one window or tab open when taking an online test.
- If you need to type a long essay (more than a few sentences), consider typing it in a word processor and copying/pasting it into Blackboard. This way, your work will not be lost if you encounter technical difficulties.
- Note: Copying into Blackboard from MS Word can cause formatting errors. Online Learning recommends attaching Word Documents, rather than copy/paste.
- Alternatively, Copy your Word Document into Notepad and then from Note Pad , copy/paste into Blackboard.
Students completing activities in Blackboard are eligible to print a Certificate of Completion.