Blackboard Student Tutorial Overview
Review the following pages to get familiar with Blackboard. As you progress through the course site, you will have opportunities to practice with some of the tools.
- Technical Requirements for Using Blackboard
- Logging into Blackboard and Accessing your Courses
- Using the Discussion Board
- Submitting Assignments
- Taking Tests and Quizzes
- Viewing Grades
- Emailing from Blackboard
- Getting Help
Students completing activities in Blackboard are eligible to print a Certificate of Completion.
Note: This tutorial is optional and is not required by CFCC; however, some instructors may require students to complete the tutorial for their courses.
Need Computer Basics 101? – Read This!
Students who are new to or not yet fully comfortable using technology may find the following free resources by GCFLearnFree.org helpful to complete before reviewing the Blackboard Tutorial.
- Computer Basics tutorials – Whether you are new to the computer, returning for review or just want to gain more 21st century skills, these free computer tutorials can help.
- Internet Basics tutorials – Become internet savvy with tutorials on how to browse smartly, maintain your online safety, and network socially while online.
For a complete list of topics available, please visit http://www.gcflearnfree.org/topics.