Out-of-State Student Complaints

NOTE: This information should only be used once you have completely exhausted CFCC’s and North Carolina’s complaint procedures.  These full procedures can be found in the Catalog and Student Handbook, under “Written Student Complaints.” If you are not satisfied with CFCC’s conclusions, you may also submit a case to the UNC-GA at this link.

Alabama: http://www.accs.cc/complaintform.aspx

Alaska: Complaint form can be requested from EED.ACPE‐IA@alaska.gov

Arkansas: Within 20 days of completing the institution’s grievance procedures, the student may file the complaint in writing with the ICAC Coordinator, Arkansas Department of Higher Education, 114 East Capitol, Little Rock, AR 72201.  The grievant must provide a statement from the institution verifying that the institution’s appeal process has been followed. ADHE will notify the institution of the grievance within 15 days of the filing. Within 10 days after ADHE notification, the institution must submit a written response to ADHE. Other action may be taken by ADHE as needed.

Connecticut: Complaint form can be requested from the Education & Employment Information Center at 1 (800) 842-0229 or edinfo@ctohe.org.

Indiana: http://www.in.gov/che/2744.htm

Iowa: http://www.iowacollegeaid.gov/

Minnesota: http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/mPg.cfm?pageID=1078

Montana: Complaints concerning consumer protection violations may be directed to the Montana Department of Justice Office of Consumer Protection. http://www.doj.mt.gov/consumer/

Complaints concerning proper licensure under Montana law (see Board of Regents’ Policy 320.1, http://www.mus.edu/borpol/bor300/320-1.pdf) may be directed to the Montana University System Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education, 2500 Broadway PO Box 203201, Helena, Montana 59620-3201, 406-444-6570.

New Mexico: http://www.hed.state.nm.us/Complaint_3.aspx

Oklahoma: http://www.okhighered.org/resources/Student-Complaint-Form/

Oregon: Complaints should be addressed to: Jennifer Diallo; Interim Administrator; Office of Degree Authorization; 541-687-7478; jennifer.l.diallo@state.or.us

South Carolina: http://www.che.sc.gov/AcademicAffairs/License/Complaint_procedures_and_form.pdf

Utah: http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints/index.html

Wisconsin: http://eab.state.wi.us/

If you reside in the following states, there is no further complaint process beyond North Carolina:

Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.