The Quality Enhancement Plan
CFCC’s new QEP will focus on developing a structured first-year experience (FYE) program to improve student success leading us to the slogan: S.E.A.S. (Student Engagement and Success). The goals and objectives of our QEP are listed below:
Goal I: Increase FTIC (first time in college) students’ engagement during their first year of enrollment.
- Objective: FTIC students will increase their engagement through utilizing campus resources during their first year of enrollment.
- Objective: FTIC students will increase their engagement through participating in a learning community during their first year of enrollment.
Goal II: Shorten FTIC students’ degree completion time.
- Objective: FTIC students will establish clear academic and career goals.
- Objective: FTIC students will develop an accurate degree completion plan during their first year of enrollment.
Goal III: Increase FTIC students’ success rate in high enrollment courses.
- Objective: FTIC students will develop the study and personal management skills necessary to succeed in high enrollment courses.
- Objective: Faculty will enhance instructional practices to support FTIC student success.
In January 2016, the QEP Development Team, which consists of a broadly-representative group of CFCC employees from a variety of instructional and service areas, began drafting the QEP document. An executive summary of the QEP has been completed and is ready for submission to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC); the final draft of the plan will be submitted July 2016.
SACSCOC will be visiting the college in October 2016 at which time the QEP will be the main focus. To prepare for this visit and throughout this process, the QEP Development Team will be asking for your input. For more information about CFCC’s next QEP or to get involved, please contact Dr. Jennifer McBride at 362-7696 or email@example.com.