Real Estate Lead Instructor – Laurel Pettys
Cape Fear Community College’s Lead Real Estate Licensing Instructor, Laurel Pettys, has demonstrated her outstanding teaching commitment and skills in the classroom for over 15 years.
Here is the most recent information provided by the N.C. Real Estate Commission:
- During the July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015 reporting period, CFCC was one of only ten schools, out of 72 schools, to have achieved a performance record above 70%. The overall performance for all first-time examination candidates was 60%. CFCC had 14 exam candidates during this reporting period and had a passing rate of 71%. Congratulations Real Estate Students!
Here are some highlights compiled by Larry Outlaw of the N.C. Real Estate Commission as of March of 2012:
- “Over the past ten years, 83% of CFCC Real Estate School students passed the licensure examination on their first attempt. This is nearly 10 percentage points above the average for all first-time examination takers during that period.”
- “During the past four years, CFCC’s Real Estate students have gained an even higher pass ratio of 91%.”
Laurel is endorsed by many in the NC Real Estate industry:
- Sam Markham, Appraiser, The Markham Company
- Jeffrey Porter, Attorney at Law, Specializing in Real Estate
- Emily Willetts and Sandy Borowiec, Coldwell Banker SeaCoast Realty
- Cynthia Remahl, Intracoastal Realty
- Whitney Leonard, C-21 Sweyer & Associates
- Janiel Blackman, Cape Fear Regional CDC
- Dana Blanks, Wilmington Community Services Division