What is Reverse Transfer at CFCC?
The awarding of an associate degree to students who previously attended CFCC and fulfilled the associate degree requirement while working towards a bachelor’s degree at one of the participating UNC schools.
How do I participate?
- Eligible students can participate when they transfer to one of the participating universities. Check with your university regarding the program and be sure to “opt-in” or check with a counselor for additional instructions regarding how to opt-in.
- Because the Reverse Transfer program has different requirements, in order for these to apply, you must first opt in at the university.
Am I eligible?
- You must have completed/earned at least 25 percent of credit hours at CFCC.
- Your associate degree then depends on the credits earned at the university; each student’s credits will be evaluated to see if the combined credits meet the degree and graduation requirements.
- The universities will send data to us twice a year (approximately February and July). We will evaluate your earned credits to ensure you have reached a total number of credits toward earning the associate’s degree. Your information may be sent to us multiple times until you’ve reached the total number of credits required.
How does it work?
- After you have given permission for the university to send your records to us, your records will be sent to us once you have earned at least 60 credits.
- We will download your data, evaluate your transcripts, pull in the appropriate courses and certify you if eligible.
- Once you are certified, you will receive a letter letting you know your status and an invitation to participate if you choose, in our commencement ceremony.
- You will also receive important information regarding the ceremony.
- If you choose not to participate, you will be given the option to have your degree mailed to you or picked up from our downtown location once all have been printed.
- If you are not eligible, you will be notified by CFNC/NCCCS.