Wilmington RIBN is a partnership between Cape Fear Community College and University of North Carolina-Wilmington. Each Fall a cohort of 10 students are dually enrolled in CFCC and UNCW. Students complete the first three years home-based at CFCC with general study courses the first year and then nursing courses the second and third years. Students will be enrolled in a UNCW online course per semester. Students will receive their Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) at the end of the third year. After passing the NCLEX-RN students will be eligible to practice as a RN and matriculate into the fourth year of the program. The fourth year will be completed online at UNCW. To meet the requirements of the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN), students will complete coursework in gerontological and community health nursing, as well as evidenced-based practice and leadership development.
RIBN Program Features
- Completion of general education course requirements and an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) at CFCC.
- Completion of BSN degree within 4 years.
- Student success advocate available for assistance
- Cost effective
UNCW First-Year Admissions
Requirements (Deadline February 1)
- Four units of English
- Two units of social studies (one in US History)
- Four units of mathematics (algebra I, algebra II, geometry, and an advanced unit of mathematics beyond algebra II)
- Three units of science (life science, physical science, and a laboratory course; biology and chemistry preferred)
- Two units of a language other than English
Meet UNCW SAT/ACT admissions’ requirement
UNCW Transfer Admissions Requirements (Deadline March 1)
To be considered for Admission, you must:
- Be eligible to return to the last institution attended.
- Have attained a 2.50 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) on all transferable work attempted at all institutions attended.
- Have completed at least 24 semester hours of transferable credit.
- Have completed six hours of college-level English.
- Have completed three hours of college-level mathematics.
- Re-enrolling UNCW students see the Registrar’s office.
RIBN Application Requirements
- Acceptance into UNCW as First Year or Transfer student.
- Submit CFCC admission application complete with transcripts and SAT scores. Note: This is not an application for RIBN
- Schedule a meeting with the Student Success Advisor at 910.362.7634 or email@example.com
- Take the PSB with a minimum score of 30%.
- Complete RIBN application
- Applicants will be notified by mail of acceptance into the RIBN program.
- Preference is given to North Carolina residents.
- Prior to entering year 2 of the RIBN curriculum, each student will be required to have a criminal background check.
RIBN is a component of a multi-regional project funded in part by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Northwest Health Foundation, Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence, and The Duke Endowment through the Foundation for Nursing Excellence www.ffne.org