RIBN Program Requirements
2018 UNCW/CFCC RIBN Application Requirements at a Glance
- Students must be in their Senior Year of High school in the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Apply and be accepted to Cape Fear Community College: http://cfcc.edu/admissions/
- Meet minimum placement scores for English 111 or college credit for ENG 111 or higher
- Meet minimum placement scores for Math 171 or college credit for MAT 171 or higher
- Apply and be accepted to The University of North Carolina at Wilmington for Fall 2018
- First-Year admission requirements: http://uncw.edu/admissions/firstyear.html
- **steps number 2 and 3 can be completed at the same time**
- Email Rachel Kemp, RIBN Student Success Advisor when you file your application to UNCW: email@example.com
- Once the above requirements are met, students may come to complete an Intent to Apply to RIBN during the application period at Cape Fear Community College in the counseling department. You may walk-in to apply, or schedule an appointment with the RIBN Student Success Advisor.
- Students will be registered to take the Psychological Services Bureau (PSB) Exam at a future date at Cape Fear Community College at the time the Intent to Apply to RIBN is filed.
Student must meet the minimum score requirements on the PSB RN Exam of the 30th percentile in each of the following
five (5) areas to qualify to apply to RIBN: Verbal, Arithmetic, Non-Verbal, Reading Comprehension, and Natural Science. Only those scores from the two most recent attempts within the last 5 years will be considered. The test can only be taken one time each application period. The highest score in EACH AREA will be considered for points.
The PSB is all that will be used to rank who gets into the RIBN program.