General Assembly Meeting
Attendance: Alex Munsey, Kenneth Hufham, Chris Libert, Sarah Dickerson, Pete Gillman, Estes, Jessica Jennings, Elly Penning, Destinee Masi, Allisha LaGrange, Yoel Del Rio, Rebeca Curtis, Kelsey Shannon, Allean Carpenter, Jessica Murray, J.D. Frette, Leslie Douglas, Donyelle Johnson
Called To Order:
President Julian Sloop called the meeting to order at 4:06 PM.
Approval of Minutes:
Minutes from the February 2014 meeting were approved by the general assembly.
- Amanda Lee, Vice President of Instructional Services, spoke about the new curriculum pathways effective fall 2014.
- Dan Wilcox, CFCC Police Chief, spoke to the assembly about campus security. He shared information about the plans to establish our on campus police department as well as their mission and responsibilities.
- Jessica Hatzel, Wilmington Hammerheads, shared information about a fantastic fund raising opportunity for CFCC clubs. She is providing tickets to the clubs at a discounted price so they can sell them for a profit. The tickets are for the college night game on April 26th.
- Peter Gillman, CFCC student, talked briefly about a program designed to promote voter registration among students.
- CFCC Open House is Saturday April 5th from 10:00-2:00. Clubs were encouraged to participate in this event.
- Spring Fling is April 23rd and 24th. This year we are having a carnival theme.
- Yoel Del Rio stated that the Jeans for Teens project was a success. Nearly 100 pairs of jeans were collected and donated to help the area homeless.
- Ally reported that we are continuing to collect toiletries for the Good Shepard Ministry
- Julian stated that we are looking into the possibility of doing a project for the Wilmington Interfaith Hospitality Network.
- The College Bowl is scheduled for April 8th & 9th. There are 6 teams signed up so far. All clubs and organizations are encouraged to enter a team. Contact Dr. Schulte, PTK advisor, if you are interested in participating in the event.
- The service Learning Club is hosting another forum in the Not4Sale series on March 28th from 3:00-5:00 PM.
Julian Sloop adjourned the meeting at 5:11PM.