Who we are:
We are feminists. We are students, faculty and staff members of Cape Fear Community College who think that feminism is a very important part of our lives. We host events, including forums, movie screenings, and talks to raise awareness about the necessity of feminism.
The Feminist Alliance meets every first and third Tuesday of the month at 3 pm in U-408 for the spring semester 2018. Our first event of the year 2017-2018 was the Informational Table on Feminism on November 14th where students and others could ask members of the Alliance questions about feminism and other related issues. Come and check out our meetings!
- To create a safe space for feminists to gather
- To educate the CFCC community and the general public at large about feminism, systems of inequality, homophobia, and xenophobia
- To talk about global environmental issues as feminist issues
- To address racism as a parallel phenomenon to sexism
- To understand how to be a feminist without apology
- To continue the work of other feminists and to also foster the next generation of feminists
For more information contact:
Club Advisor: Yuna Shin
Check out CFCC Feminist Alliance Events 2016-2017.
Check out CFCC Feminist Alliance Events 2017-2018. Join the crew!!
Check out CFCC Feminist Alliance Events 2018-2019. Join the crew!!