By including the costs of textbooks and supplies required for certain programs in the total tuition amount billed to students, Cape Fear Community College is able to pass along costs, which are at or below competitive market rates, which helps to reduce the costs for students. In addition, the textbook(s) and supplies are provided to students at the beginning of each scheduled course, so students have the necessary material(s) for their coursework in a timely manner.
If you do not want fast, convenient, affordable access to your textbooks, you may complete a Cape Fear Community College Inclusive Access Opt Out Form. This form must be filled out in person and signed in front of a SeaDevil Store (Bookstore) Employee. If you have questions, you may email our Inclusive Access Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclusive Access FAQ’s
- When I registered for my course I noticed a “other charges” fee. What is that?
– The “other charges” fee is associated with inclusive access to your particular course you have registered for. The discounted price is then billed to your student account. This means there is no waiting in line with a heavy, expensive book!
- How will I get my access code and book?
– For inclusive access your access code and eText is integrated with the college’s learning system, Blackboard. Both the course content and eText will be available digitally from the start of that semester.
- Am I able to still get a physical copy of the book?
– Absolutely! You will be able to pick up a copy of the book in the bookstore at a discounted rate since you have already opted in for inclusive access. Stop by the bookstore for additional information!
- What if I decide I want to “Opt Out?”
– You will need to come into the bookstore and fill out an “Opt Out Form.” Understand that once the “Add/Drop Classes” period passes and you have decided to opt out, you are still available to get your textbook and access code at the bookstore. However, it will no longer be for the discounted rate compared to if you were to opt into inclusive access.
- I opted out by mistake and would like to opt back in. Am I able to do so?
– Yes! You will have until the last day of “Add/Drop Classes” period with the college. Please seek Student Services regarding these dates.
- I am using Federal Aid that does not allow a “course material fee.” How can I still save money and be included in such a great program?!
– If you have Federal Aid such as the GI Bill, you can still utilize inclusive access! You will still pay the Business Office directly once you have elected to opt in. The “other charges” fee is comparable to you purchasing textbooks up front in the bookstore.
- I have questions that weren’t addressed. Who can I contact for further help?
– If your question has not been answered in this FAQ, please email email@example.com for more information.