Power Lineman Boot Camp
The Power Line Technician Program is a 10 week “boot camp” designed to prepare you for a challenging, interesting and HIGH PAYING career as an electric lineman.
At the CFCC Lineman Boot Camp you will learn the skills and knowledge required of an apprentice lineman:
- Setting and climbing poles
- Installing cross arms, hardware, lines, and transformers
- Using tools and equipment of the trade through field experience
- Overhead and underground construction practices
- Electric theory and practice
- Safety and teamwork
- Commercial driving
An “In-demand” Trade
The Carolina Energy Consortium (representing North and South Carolina) is addressing a serious shortage of electric power line workers. They estimate that the industry will need 1,400 new linemen each year for the next 5-6 years. Other industry experts expect the number to be much higher. The 2016 median wage for experienced linemen was $60,800/year.
- The Power Line Technician Program is designed to train persons that wish to become entry-level electrical line workers for private and public utility companies and related employers.
- Students will learn academic and field skills necessary for entry-level workers.
- Safety is stressed in every aspect of the job.
- Students will also have the opportunity to earn a Career Readiness Certificate.
- This program is approved for national certification by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)and for Pre-Apprentice credit by the NC Department of Commerce.
- Students may also earn a Flagger and OSHA 10 certificate.
- Course hours are 400 hours combined. Students must register for both of the following:
- Power Line Technician I (317 Hours)
- Power Line Technician II (83 Hours)
- The course is limited to 24 students. Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students are required to secure their own housing.
- Job placement assistance is available.
2018 Lineman Boot Camp Dates
|Details:||North Campus, 10 weeks, 400 hours|
|Next Offering:||Sept 10 – Nov 16, M-F, 8am-5pm|
|Course Codes:||A2772 & A2773|
**Note: When registering for Power Lineman Training, you must register for two sections separately…A2772 & A2773**
The Lineman Boot Camp is a 10 week, Monday-Friday training course. Each week consists of 40 hours of training. Each day is 8am – 5pm with 1 hour lunch. Lineman work outside in all weather conditions and the training boot camp will be no different. Major holidays are observed. Course hours are 400 combined:
- Power Line Technician I (317 hours)
- Power Line Technician II (83 hours)
- Proof of high school diploma or GED
- Minor release form completed and notarized if under 18 years of age
- Valid drivers license
- Current DOT physical and drug screen
- Weight under 275 lbs
|Registration (Power Line Technician I)||$ 180.00|
|Registration (Power Line Technician II )||$ 180.00|
|Parking, 10 hour OSHA card, First Aid/CPR/AED||$ 42.50|
|Books (NCCER Core Curriculum, Powerline Worker Levels I & II)||$ 218.00|
|Lineman Boots (depending on source)||$ 200.00|
Contact Darren Poe at firstname.lastname@example.org or (910) 362-7164