Class of 2021 high school grads, your first two years at CFCC can be FREE! FIND OUT HOW
Home / Cape Fear Online / Resources for Out-of-State Students

Resources for Out-of-State Students

Need to provide feedback about a class or file a complaint? These following lists resources, by state.

NOTE: This information should only be used once you have completely exhausted CFCC’s and North Carolina’s complaint procedures.  These full procedures can be found in the Catalog and Student Handbook , under “Student Complaint Procedures.” If you are not satisfied with CFCC’s conclusions, you may also submit a case to the UNC-GA at this link .


Alaska: Complaint form can be requested from More information is available at

Arkansas: Within 20 days of completing the institution’s grievance procedures, the student may file the complaint in writing with the ICAC Coordinator, Arkansas Department of Higher Education, 114 East Capitol, Little Rock, AR 72201.  The grievant must provide a statement from the institution verifying that the institution’s appeal process has been followed. ADHE will notify the institution of the grievance within 15 days of the filing. Within 10 days after ADHE notification, the institution must submit a written response to ADHE. Other actions may be taken by ADHE as needed.

Connecticut: Complaint form can be requested from the Education & Employment Information Center at 1-800- 842-0229 or




Montana: Complaints concerning consumer protection violations may be directed to the Montana Department of Justice Office of Consumer Protection.

Complaints concerning proper licensure under Montana law (see Board of Regents’ Policy 320.1, may be directed to the Montana University System Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education, 2500 Broadway PO Box 203201, Helena, Montana 59620-3201, 406-444-6570.

New Mexico:


Oregon: Complaints should be addressed to: Jennifer Diallo; Interim Administrator; Office of Degree Authorization; 541-687-7478 ;

South Carolina:



If you reside in the following states, there is no further complaint process beyond North Carolina:

Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.

Translate »