Alcoholic Beverage Policy
Cameras, Video Cameras, Audio Recorders
- ADA/Wheelchair-accessible parking is located in the Hanover Parking Deck, near the elevators at each corner on every level.
- The path between the Deck and the front doors is step-free.
- Guests utilizing drop-off or ADA parking should enter the deck through the Hanover and 2nd Streets entrance.
- Volunteers with transfer chairs will be present to assist you.
- Please ask any Center Staff Member for assistance.
Please arrange services in advance by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All day of show requests, call (910)362-7895.
Emergencies and Evacuations
The Center is committed to providing the highest standard of safety for our visitors and employees. Center personnel have been trained to assist in emergency situations. Visual and audible alarms are located throughout the building in the event of an emergency.
We encourage you to enjoy the show, while being mindful of those around you. Following some simple guidelines will help make everyone’s night at the theater more enjoyable.
- Cell phones should be turned off or to silent mode, even phones set to vibrate can disturb a performance. Kindly double-check your phone upon entering the theater and re-entering after intermission to prevent accidental interruptions. Refrain from texting or illuminating your phone during a performance, as the light can disturb audience members and performers alike.
- Once the house lights are dimmed, please refrain from talking. The performance spaces are designed to amplify sound, so even whispers are more audible than you might think. Similarly, candy or cough drop wrappers can be quite loud. If you must partake, please unwrap quickly, and ideally during a break in performance or during uproarious applause.
- Even the most courteous audience member will sometimes experience an uncontrollable coughing episode. We understand this. Many times simply covering your mouth and muting the cough will suffice, but if the cough persists, kindly use your best judgment to determine if you need to remove yourself from the theater. Complimentary cough drops are available at Guest Service. Fear not, you may re-enter when you are ready.
- Children must be able to sit quietly in their own seat without disturbing other guests. Scroll to “Kids at the Center” for more information.
- The Center is committed to providing an enjoyable family atmosphere for our audience. In order to maintain a pleasant and safe environment, we request that all guests be courteous to those around them and abide by all theater policies and regulations. Guests who engage in inappropriate behavior will be removed from the theater. Guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security guard, or Center staff member.
At the discretion of Management, guests may be subject to ejection without refund, and/or revocation of future tickets. Guests found in violation of local or state ordinances may be subject to arrest and prosecution.
- Sales tax is required by the Department of Revenue of the State of North Carolina and by New Hanover County.
- The Vendini Convenience fee helps our ticketing software provider cover their cost of providing tickets online, web hosting, accurate tracking, communication services, credit card security, etc. This fee can be avoided by purchasing during business hours via phone 910-362-7999 or in person.
- The Facility Fee helps with the everyday expense of keeping the facility open, clean, lit, etc. It also helps defray the processing fee levied by the banks, our investment into the ticketing technology, hardware, staffing costs, long-term maintenance and other associated costs.
- One dollar from every ticket sold supports students in our area, and the college students in the department who share the building with us – that’s the Student Support.
- If there is an additional fee shown beyond those listed above, it likely is one requested by the artist and/or the producing organization.
Food and Beverages
Guests are not permitted to bring any food or beverages into the Center. Containers such as bottles, cans, thermos bottles, or plastic coolers are not permitted. We invite you to enjoy refreshments before the show in our dramatic three-story glass-walled lobby. Our concessions features soft drinks, bottled water, wine, and beer and also a variety of candy, chips, pretzels and cookies, and will vary by show. Please note that our overall menu is much more snack-oriented than meal-oriented, and make your plans accordingly.
- We close concessions at the start of performances so as not to interrupt our captivated Guests with constant comings and goings. Should there be an Intermission, we reopen.
- We strictly follow NC ABC’s statute (NCAC 025.0232) that only one drink may be served to a person at a time. This greatly aides in our constant effort to not overserve our Guests. We shoulder a responsibility to all of our Guests, from their time at the theater to when they exit.
- All persons wishing to purchase alcoholic beverages must be age 21 or older and provide legal identification prior to purchase.
- We are a community college, our top priority is the enrichment of our campus, students and community. This will always take precedent over the sale of alcohol.
- Our concessions are run exclusively by NC ABC-certified volunteers, which is an unprecedented business model for a theater of our size and caliber. We value our volunteers’ time and health and will never jeopardize their well-being by extended hours of sales.
- Center management has the right to refuse service at any time and sales can be terminated at any time at the discretion of the Center.
It is very much our intent to provide reasonable amounts of alcohol to responsible Guests. While we recognize the importance of revenue generated by concessions, our responsibility lies in the safe and remarkable experience of our Guests.
• Listening devices
• Coat check
• Ear plugs
• Friends of the Center sign-up
• Guest comment cards
• Lost and found
• Restaurant and parking info
• Wilson Center tour information
• Cough drops
• Maps of the immediate area
• Printed seating charts
Kids at The Center
The Center requires all children under the age of 16 to be accompanied by one parent or adult chaperone.
Lost and Found
Opera Boxes with Butler service
Opera Boxes must be reserved by phone or in-person at Ticket Central at this time. Call 910-362-7999 to check availability per show. More info: capefearstage.com/opera-boxes
- Hanover Parking Deck – located adjacent to the Center with entrances on Hanover Street and 2nd Street. This deck has over 1,000 parking spaces, including ample ADA parking. Access into the Hanover Parking Deck from Second Street is on the First Level and the Hanover Street entrance is on the Second Level. Parking rates are $5 per event per vehicle; cash only, please. Please note that parking rates are subject to change.
- Surface Parking Lot – Parking may also be available in the surface lot directly behind the Wilson Center. Parking is $5 per vehicle, and only cash is accepted at this time.
- On Street Parking – Limited metered on-street parking is available on the streets around the Center.
Peanuts and Other Allergies
Any bags larger than 12”x12”x6” will not be permitted into the Venue. Exceptions will be made for diaper bags (with a child in attendance) and for medical devices.
All property and persons are subject to search.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Outside food & beverages
- Illegal drugs
- Weapons of any kind
- Items that hinder the view, distract from the performance or inhibit the safe passage of other attendees
- Any item which could become a projectile
Any and all of these items must be discarded or returned to your vehicle.
In the event of a cancellation for which there is no rescheduled date, ticket holders will be contacted by Ticket Central regarding refunds. Please be sure Ticket Central has your up-to-date contact information, including email address and phone number.
Sign Language Interpreters
Standing at Concerts
Please know that we do not have a “no standing” policy and in most situations will allow guests to stand even if they block the view of the stage for other guests. If you know that you will be bothered if someone in front of you stands, please contact Ticket Central to determine the best seating location for your ticket purchase. If your view is ever blocked during a performance by a standing or dancing guest, please contact an usher and we’ll attempt to find alternative seating.
In analyzing our guest survey feedback, less than 2% of guests tell us that temperatures could be improved at the Wilson Center. Of those, about half said temperatures were too warm and the other half said temperatures were too cool. As you can see from this survey data, meeting everyone’s sense of the perfect temperature is a complicated part of managing a large public assembly building like the Wilson Center.
Our recommendation is to dress comfortably for being in a large crowd, taking your own temperature sensibilities into account. If you are susceptible to cold, just bring a sweatshirt, light jacket or sweater just in case. Likewise, if you are frequently warm in an assembly, dress in lighter layers. We wish the temperature could be perfect (and adjustable) in each and every one of our 1,500+ seats, but that technology just does not yet exist.
Furthermore, Ticket Central including CapeFearStage.com, CFCC.edu, and Vendini.com are the only OFFICIAL TICKETING PROVIDERS for events at The Center. Tickets obtained from other unauthorized sources may be stolen, counterfeit or invalid due to payment issues and will not be honored. Tickets purchased from other sources are often greatly inflated in price and are not eligible for assistance if tickets are ever lost or stolen or if the event is canceled or rescheduled. The Center is not responsible for tickets purchased from other sources.
See video here.
Under special circumstances, The Center does offer those that miss the show the option of attending a future Cape Fear Stage event as a make-good if weather or travel conditions prevent you from attending your ticketed performance. Special conditions of this make-good ticket offer include:
- The National Weather Service (NWS) must have issued a Winter Storm Warning or Winter Weather Advisory that is in effect at show time for your ticketed performance for the geographical region that encompasses New Hanover County.
- Our apologies that we cannot accommodate additional make-good requests for weather or travel conditions outside of those described above.
- Restrictions will apply on the shows we are able to offer as a make-good, but we’ll do our best to ensure you have at least two choices. Seat locations offered will be best available based on what seats are open at the time of the make-good offer.
- Please note, this make-good offer applies only to those ticket buyers who purchased directly from Ticket Central or through Vendini. If you received your tickets through a third party ticket reseller or are not the original purchaser, please contact the source you obtained your tickets from to determine what options they might be offering.