Welcome Back, CFCC Alumni!
If you have taken classes or have a degree, certificate or diploma from CFCC, you should join the CFCC Alumni Association! If you have not yet officially joined, please complete your alumni profile HERE. Membership is FREE and we’ll mail you an official membership card that you can use to get discounts in the community and access other benefits.
The alumni association also hosts several socials and networking events throughout the year, so join today! Please remember to update your profile whenever you change your address or contact information so we can keep you in the loop!
CFCC Alumni Business Network
The CFCC Alumni Association is compiling a list of businesses and organizations owned by CFCC alumni. Let us help send business your way and join us for fun business networking events! Contact Dana McKoy at 910.362.7207 to join the network today.
Give annually to the CFCC Alumni Legacy Scholarship!
As each new member joins the CFCC Alumni Association on our website, we receive another personal story about how CFCC has changed a life in our community. As the Association enters its seventh year, we feel it’s an appropriate time not only to look forward, but to give back to the school that, in the words of one former student, ignited a passion within me to learn. Please consider supporting the CFCC Alumni Association Endowed Legacy Scholarship with an annual gift equal to the year you graduated. For example, if you graduated in 1978, please consider giving $19.78. To give, click on the “Give Now” button at the top right of this page. Make sure you designate “CFCC Alumni Legacy Scholarship” on the web form. Thank you for your continued support!
CFCC Alumni Association Advisory Board
The CFCC Alumni Association Advisory Board, provides guidance and leadership to the alumni association. The board consists of a diverse group of alumni representing various academic programs and professions. Members must be nominated by a current board member, a CFCC faculty member or CFCC Foundation staff member. Meetings occur quarterly. If you are interested in serving, please contact the Foundation office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In celebration of Cape Fear Community College’s 50th anniversary in 2008, CFCC established the CFCC Alumni Association. The Mission of the CFCC Alumni Association is to form partnerships and strengthen relationships between the community, the College and its alumni. Initiatives will be based on the Association’s core values of giving back through involvement, fellowship and service. The association will be a positive, goal-oriented steward for CFCC, its mission and goals.
1. Seize the opportunity to remain connected to CFCC.
- Join the CFCC Alumni Association or update your alumni profile at www.cfcc.edu/alumni! It’s free and it only takes 2 minutes, tops.
- If you own or manage a business, join the CFCC Alumni Business Network. Simply email email@example.com with your name, title and business contact information. We’ll tell our faculty, staff, students and alumni about your business and we may even feature you in a future publication!
- Attend CFCC events! Once you join the alumni association or business network, you will receive invites to many fun events, including alumni socials, athletic events, and our annual Homecoming celebration!
Your Commitment? One to two hours.
Effect on CFCC? An engaged and active alumni body that enables CFCC to thrive.
2. Share the history of CFCC, our mission and our future plans.
- Discuss CFCC with your church, civic organization, co-workers, family and friends.
- Share your experience and memories about CFCC.
Your commitment? Minutes to hours.
Effect on CFCC? As more CFCC Alumni share the CFCC story, our mission and our future plans, CFCC’s name recognition will continue to grow!
3. Speak to prospective students.
- Encourage them to visit the CFCC campus.
- Encourage students to apply for admission.
- Inform students about their educational options at CFCC.
Your commitment? As little as 20 minutes.
Effect on CFCC? When CFCC Alumni help recruit students, it helps boost annual enrollment.
4. Support your community college.
- Make an annual gift to the CFCC Foundation. Your annual gifts help fund every aspect of the the CFCC student experience – scholarships, special academic programs, athletics and even equipment and facility upgrades.
- Fund an annual or endowed scholarship for CFCC students.
- Help a graduate secure employment.
Your commitment? $20 or more.
Effect on CFCC? A financially sound college reflecting successful students!