Funding Available for CFCC Students to Assist with Childcare Expenses
The NC Child Care Grant is designed to assist student-parents with the financial responsibilities for child care expenses so they may stay enrolled and complete their educational goals. CFCC recognizes the need for childcare expenses and has expanded the grant program for 2021-22 to include expenses for the following types of licensed businesses or organizations that provide childcare services:
• Daycare or individual providers
• Personal nanny services
• Afterschool programs
• Summer or Break programs
• Group or private tutoring services
• Other services provided to dependent children
Eligible students may receive up to $125 per week for each child. Payment is made directly to the provider by CFCC.
To be eligible for the NC Child Care Grant students must meet the following criteria:
• Be enrolled for at least 8 credit hours that are required for your program of study
• Have a 2021-22 FAFSA on file showing an unmet need
• Be a NC resident
• Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress
To apply for this funding students must complete the 2021-22 Childcare Funding Application and return these forms to the Financial Aid office.