Funding Available for CFCC Students to Assist with Childcare Expenses
The NC Child Care Grant is designed to assist student-parents with the financial responsibilities for child care expenses so they may stay enrolled and complete their educational goals. During the current COVID-19 pandemic, when many of our K-12 schools have moved to remote learning, help with child care expenses is needed now more than ever. CFCC recognizes this need and has expanded the grant program for 2020-21 to include expenses for the following types of licensed businesses or organizations that provide childcare services:
- Daycare or individual providers
- Personal nanny services
- Afterschool programs
- Summer or Break programs
- Group or private tutoring services
- Other services provided to dependent children
Eligible students may receive up to $125 per week for each child. Payment is made directly to the provider by CFCC.
To be eligible for the NC Child Care Grant students must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled for at least 8 credit hours that are required for your program of study
- Have a 2020-21 FAFSA on file showing an unmet need
- Be a NC resident
- Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress
To apply for this funding students must complete the 2020-21 Childcare Funding Application and return these forms to the Financial Aid office.