What is a Theme?
Fundamentally, the WordPress Theme system is a way to "skin" your weblog. Yet, it is more than just a "skin." Skinning your site implies that only the design is changed. WordPress Themes can provide much more control over the look and presentation of the material on your website.
Selecting the Active Theme
- To select the active theme for your site:
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard.
- Select the Appearance subpanel, then Themes.
- From the Available Themes section, click on theme title (or theme screenshot) for the theme you wish to activate.
- A preview of the theme will be shown. To activate the theme click the Activate "Theme Name" link in the top right.
- Your selection should immediately become active.