English as a Second Language (ESL)
Hurricane Michael Closing
Cape Fear Community College will be closed on Thursday, October 11th at all campus locations for students, faculty and staff in anticipation of inclement weather resulting from Hurricane Michael.
The College anticipates reopening on Friday, October 12th, after the storm passes.
All events at all CFCC locations, as well as student events, athletic events, practices and related activities have been canceled.
Other important information:
CFCC will provide information and updates on the CFCC website, social media sites, at the CFCC Emergency Information hotline (1-877-799-2322), and to local news media outlets.
*The next ESL registration will be held Monday, October 8th.
Inglés como Segundo Idioma: haga clic aquí
The ESL office is located on the 1st floor of the McLeod (S) Building, S-114, on the downtown Wilmington campus.
The ESL program is designed for adults whose native language is not English. Classes are designed to serve the needs of those individuals who have no English skills up to those who are advanced in English.
ESL classes help individuals develop skills to get a job, assist their children with schoolwork, better understand American culture and history, and improve communication skills.
All ESL classes are free of charge.
ESL Classes are located at:
- Wilmington Campus, 411 North Front Street, Wilmington
- North Campus, 4500 Blue Clay Road, Castle Hayne
- Burgaw Center, 100 E. Industrial Drive, Burgaw
- Alston W. Burke Center at Surf City, 621 NC Hwy 210 E., Hampstead
- ArtBeat of Burgaw, 108 E. Wilmington Street, Burgaw
- Willard Outreach Community Center, 9955 NC Hwy 11, Willard
To enroll in an ESL class at the Wilmington Campus:
1. Attend an ESL Registration schedule: click here
2. Be 18 or older (16 & 17 year olds can register with a signed and notarized parental consent form).
3. Bring a photo identification with birth date and signature
To enroll in an ESL class at one of the other locations:
ESL off-campus locations and enrollment: click here
1. Arrive at the location at the beginning of class
2. Be 18 or older (16 & 17 year olds can register with a signed and notarized parental consent form)
3. Bring: Photo identification with birth date and signature
For more information call Cindy or Fabiola at (910) 362-7184