High School Equivalency (GED®)
The High School Equivalency program is designed for anyone who has not completed high school and wishes to earn a high school equivalency diploma. The current high school equivalency exam offered by CFCC is the GED® test. All classes are free!
Students wishing to attend classes at the Wilmington campus or online must attend a 3-day orientation session. The orientation schedule can be found here .
Ages 18 or Older
- Bring a valid identification card (driver’s license or state ID card).
- Know your Social Security number or bring your Social Security card.
- Attend the next orientation.
Ages 16 or 17
- Complete the steps above.
- Bring your parent or legal guardian to the first day of orientation.
- Obtain and complete a notarized parental consent form .
- Bring a completed official school withdrawal form ( New Hanover County , Pender County ,
Express Enrollment is offered at the following locations:
- Burgaw Campus
- Carolina Beach
- North Campus
- Solomon Towers
- Surf City Campus
Students can enroll in classes at these locations on-site during scheduled class times. See class meeting days and times .
GED® Test Information
Test subjects include:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Social Studies
The cost for the Official GED ® Test is $80 for all four parts or $20 for each individual part. The GED Ready™ Official Practice Tests are offered for free to eligible students!
Need an official transcript or diploma for GED®, HiSET or TASC high school equivalency testing?
All official North Carolina high school equivalency documents from 1942-present are managed by DiplomaSender.com .
Diploma Sender offers a free set of documents to students who passed high school equivalency exams for the first time from January 1, 2014 until present. This is a one-time offer only and additional document requests will be subject to fees.
Transcripts, diplomas and verifications for GED®, HiSET and TASC are $15.00 per document. Diploma Sender accepts all major credit cards and money orders or cashier’s checks. Documents can be mailed, faxed or emailed.
To receive a copy of your GED® diploma or transcripts click the link below:GED® Transcript Request