Adult High School
Due to inclement weather, CFCC will be closed Friday, Feb. 21, 2020. Adult High School online registration will now take place on Friday, Feb. 28 at 5:30 p.m.
The Adult High School (AHS) Program is designed for students who have not completed high school and wish to earn their high school diploma. The best part? There is no cost to students for classes or books!
The AHS diploma is recognized by colleges and universities throughout the nation and is the equivalent to any public or private high school diploma. Graduates receive an Adult High School Diploma issued by Cape Fear Community College and the New Hanover or Pender County Board of Education. Take the first step to accomplishing your dreams by signing up for the AHS program today!
Classes are conveniently offered at both the Downtown Wilmington Campus and at the Burgaw Campus.
The Adult High School program requires students to earn the following 22 credits:
- 4 English credits
- 4 Math credits (Math I, Algebra and Math II, and Geometry required)
- 3 Science credits (Earth Science, Biology, and Physical Science)
- 4 Social Studies credits (World History, US History I, US History II, and Civics)
- 1 Health and PE credit
- 6 Elective credits
To enroll in the AHS program students must first attend a 3-day orientation. Orientations are held twice every month. No sign-up is required for orientation.
ALL STUDENTS MUST BRING:
- Picture ID with birth date and signature
- Social Security card
- Official sealed transcript from previous high school(s) in a sealed envelope
STUDENTS AGED 16 OR 17 MUST:
- Be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on the first day of orientation
- Proof of high school withdrawal OR an Official School Withdrawal Form:
- Have a notarized Parental Consent form (Minors without a completed parental consent form will not be eligible to participate in orientation.)
AHS classes are held Monday through Thursday from 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm. Classes run in nine-week sessions. Students are allowed a maximum of four hours for absence, tardiness or nonparticipation per class within each nine-week session.
Adult High School Classes Online
AHS classes are offered online for those who cannot attend in person via Odysseyware. Interested students must first attend the 3-day orientation followed by an online orientation.
Official AHS Transcripts
To request an official AHS transcript:
- Complete the AHS Transcript Request Form
- Follow the directions on the form for paying the required transcript fee
- Each AHS transcript costs $5.00. The $5.00 fee is waived for any student entering other CFCC programs.
Once graduated, students must pick up their diplomas in person from the AHS office in S-110. AHS diplomas are only issued once. Copies or duplicates are not available.