High School Equivalency

The High School Equivalency Program is designed for anyone who has not completed high school and wishes to earn a high school equivalency diploma. The current High School Equivalency Exam offered by CFCC is the GED® Test. The High School Equivalency Prep classes are FREE!

Students wishing to attend classes at the Wilmington campus must attend a 3-day/night orientation session.

All students must bring:
  • Picture ID with birth date and signature
  • Social Security Card
Students aged 16 or 17 must:
  • Be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
  • Have an Official School Withdrawal Form.
  • Have a notarized Parental Consent.

Express Enrollment Locations are offered at the following locations:

  • Burgaw Campus
  • Carolina Beach
  • Hillcrest
  • North Campus
  • Solomon Towers
  • Surf City Campus

Students can enroll in classes at these locations on site during scheduled class time. For a list of class meeting days and times, please see below.

GED Test Information

Test subjects are:

  • Reasoning through Language Arts
  • Social Studies
  • Science
  • Math

The cost for the Official GED ® Test is $80 for all four parts, or $20 for each part.  The GED Ready™ Official Practice Tests are offered at no cost to eligible students.

HSE Registration Schedule

Express Enrollment Locations

Parental Consent Form

School Withdrawal Forms are county specific: 

New Hanover Official School Withdrawal

Pender Official School Withdrawal

Other Official School Withdrawal


For more information about High School Equivalency classes:

(910) 362-7457 or (910) 362-7121.

To receive a copy of your GED® diploma or transcripts click the link below.

GED® Transcript Request

Find your graduation info here: http://cfcc.edu/graduation/

To enroll in Adult High School, GED® Test Preparation Classes, or Basic Skills Plus:

Age 18 or older:

  1. Bring a valid identification card (driver's license or state ID card).
  2. Know your Social Security number or bring your card.
  3. Obtain your official high school transcript in a sealed envelope.
  4. Attend the next registration and orientation.

Ages 16 or 17:

  1. Complete steps above.
  2. Bring your parent or legal guardian to registration.
  3. Obtain and complete a notarized parental consent form (available at CFCC's Wilmington campus or cfcc.edu/ce/basic-skills/ahs/ ).
  4. Bring a completed official school withdrawal form signed by the superintendent or designee (available at CFCC's Wilmington campus or cfcc.edu/ce/basic-skills/ahs/ ).