The Small Business Center Mission
- Seminars/classes to prospective and existing small business owners.
- Free, confidential one-on-one business and technology counseling.
- Access to our extensive Business Resource Library of training videos, business planning and web-editing software, business books and pamphlets.
- We are located at 402 N. Front Street, Wilmington, NC 28401 910-362-7216
RADIO INTERVIEW – IMPACT OF SBC
Many people do not realize the impact the Small Business Centers have, either locally or statewide. I recently had an opportunity to discuss this during an interview on Port City Radio. It is only a 3 minute spot and I would be honored to have you listen in…..
Click on Play Arrow
The SBC newsletter.
If you would like to receive the newsletter, call 362-7216 or write to email@example.com.
Business Link North Carolina
Connect to all North Carolina Business Resources Providers, Government Agencies and other business related organizations at one comprehensive business support location:
IRS Tax Information
Self employment tax information is readily available from the IRS. Please click on the link below to learn more.
Government and Military Business Contracts
Want to be considered for Government and Military Business Contracts but don’t know how to proceed? Call me and I’ll be happy to meet with you and guide you through the process.
You can’t be considered if you’re not in the system!
Call Doug at 910-362-7469
SEMINARS AND COURSES FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS:
|SUMMER SEMESTER 2016|
|Top Traits of Highly Effective Business Women||WILM||7/14||2:00 PM – 5:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|The Business Side of Faith Based Organizations||WILM||7/19||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Small Business Publishing & Promoting 102 – formerly “How to Promote Your Book”||WILM||7/21||1:00 PM – 4:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Improve Your Presentation Skills & Techniques||WILM||7/28||1:00 PM – 4:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|How To Be A Profitable Artist||WILM||8/4||2:00 PM – 5:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|FALL/WINTER SEMESTER 2016|
|Your Small Business Taxes: – Home Based Businesses: What you need to know.||WILM||8/31||6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Coach Reggie Business Clinic: 28 Keys to Building a Business That Booms||WILM||9/13||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||S 002||FREE|
|Introduction to QuickBooks Pro||WILM||9/15||6:00 PM – 8:30 PM||S 002||FREE|
|The Best Businesses To Start Right Now||WILM||9/20||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Marketing Your Business by Networking in Your Local Community (NEW)||WILM||9/29||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||S 002||FREE|
|Coach Reggie Business Clinic: How to Double Your Sales & Profits in the Next 12 Months||WILM||10/4||6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||S 002||FREE|
|MS OFFICE 2013 For Your Small Business – WORD||WILM||10/5||6:00 PM – 8:30 PM||A 316||FREE|
|I Think I Have an Invention … What Do I Do Next?||WILM||10/6||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||S 002||FREE|
|How To Price Your Product or Service||WILM||10/11||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|MS OFFICE 2013 For Your Small Business – EXCEL||WILM||10/12||6:00 PM – 8:30 PM||A 316||FREE|
|50 Home Based Businesses You Can Start||WILM||10/18||6:00 PM – 8:30 PM||S 002||FREE|
|MS OFFICE 2013 For Your Small Business – POWERPOINT||WILM||10/19||6:00 PM – 8:30 PM||A 316||FREE|
|eCommerce Basics||WILM||10/20||6:00 PM – 8:30 PM||S 002||FREE|
|Financing Your Small Business||WILM||10/25||6:00 PM – 8:30 PM||L 107||FREE|
|MS OFFICE 2013 For Your Small Business – PUBLISHER||WILM||10/26||6:00 PM – 8:30 PM||A 316||FREE|
|How To Start A Non-Profit Organization||WILM||10/27||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Intro To Social Media For Small Business: Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn Basics||WILM||11/1||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Understanding and Improving Your Credit Score to 740 to Get That Business Loan||WILM||11/2||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Fund Raising Basics For Non-Profits||WILM||11/3||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||S 002||FREE|
|Coach Reggie Business Clinic: How to Build a Business That You Can Sell||WILM||11/8||6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Marketing Your Business: Dynamite Marketing on a Firecracker Budget||WILM||11/9||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Create Your Business Marketing Plan||WILM||11/10||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Blogging: Setting Up Your First (or second) Business Blog Using WordPress – WORKSHOP LIMIT 24||WILM||11/15||6:00 PM – 8:30 PM||A 316||FREE|
|Grant Writing for Non-Profits||WILM||11/17||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
|Coach Reggie Business Clinic: Business Growth Planning for 2017||WILM||12/6||6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||S 002||FREE|
|How To Do Business With the Government||WILM||12/8||6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||S 002||FREE|
|How To Start a Successful Janitorial/Cleaning Service Business||WILM||12/15||6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||L 107||FREE|
The registration system will enable you to register using your own email address and password. It will also let you create your own dashboard and allow you to see all of your seminar attendance history, register for additional seminars without a ticket request, among other things.
However, you will need an email address to register. This system will require you to set up your profile by entering some information(including creating a password after you register for a seminar) the first time you use it, after that, the information will be retained.
The link is active when you hit the blue ‘Seminar Registration’ tab below.
Please read and follow the directions below before hitting the link. If you need help, we can walk you through it.
Seminar Registration – Follow all instructions below to register for seminars
1. You may still view the seminar listings to see the offerings listed by date, at www.cfcc.edu/sbc
2. When ready, click on the blue ‘Seminar Registration’ words.
3. It will take you to our Small Business Center Network website, directly to the CFCC event page.
4. You will be able to search seminars by topic and/or time frame. In order to see all available seminars, change Time Range to 120 days, then hit the ‘SEARCH’ button. Find your seminar and hit ‘Register’.
5. You will then have to enter your email address, then hit continue. (If you already created a password-it will ask you for this as well)
6. If this is the first time you are registering in this system, you will be required to fill in your information (this one time only). If you do not have a business address, please enter your home address. Follow the directions until finished. Hit ‘Register’ button and a ‘Thank You‘ message appears. Now it is time to create your password to make future registrations easy. Hit ‘Continue’ on the thank you screen. Your personal dashboard will appear. Click on ‘My Profile’ then ‘Change Password’ to create your new password.
7. Registration will be completed and you will be sent an email confirmation.
8. You can continue and register for more seminars if you wish.
9. For future registrations, when you log in, if you did not create a password, you will be sent a ticket request to enter into the system. This number will be sent directly to your e-mail to copy and paste. In order to avoid this process, be sure to create your password before signing out – follow instructions above.
**If registering more than one person, you MUST use a different e-mail address for each registration**
A parking pass will be emailed to you one day prior to the seminar(s) you have registered for.
ACCESS TO CAPITAL PROGRAMS
- CAN-Capital Access Network
Get help preparing your loan package from experienced individuals. More info is available atwww.canislending.com
- NC CAP-North Carolina Capital Access Program. Increase your chances of loan approval if you are close to qualifying but not quite there yet. Managed by the NC Rural Center.
More info is available at
FREE, CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS COUNSELING
The SBC also offers free, confidential one on one counseling to those interested in learning more about starting their own businesses. To request an appointment, call 910-362-7469 or click on the link: Request Free Counseling