Adult High School Program
The Adult High School (AHS) Program is designed for individuals who have not completed high school and wish to earn their high school diploma.
The AHS diploma is recognized by colleges and universities throughout the nation and is the equivalent to any public or private high school diploma. Graduates will receive an Adult High School Diploma issued by Cape Fear Community College and the New Hanover or Pender County Board of Education.
There is no cost to students for classes or books.
Classes are offered at the Downtown Wilmington Campus and at the Burgaw Campus.
The Adult High School program requires students to earn the following 22 credits:
- 4 English Credits
- 4 Math Credits ( Algebra I, and Geometry required)
- 3 Science Credits (Earth Science, Biology, and Physical Science)
- 4 Social Studies Credits (World History, US History Part 1, US History Part 2, and Civics)
- 1 Health and PE Credit
- 6 Elective Credits
To enroll in the AHS program students must attend a 3-day/night orientation session, schedule found HERE.
All students must bring:
- Picture ID with birth date and signature
- Social Security Card
Students aged 16 or 17 must:
- Be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Have an Official School Withdrawal Form:
- Have a notarized Parental Consent
AHS classes are held Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm – 9:30pm. Classes run in 9 week sessions with a maximum of 4 hours for lateness and/or absence permitted from each class per 9 week session. An official graduation ceremony is held for each program year. All graduates are encouraged to attend!
Adult High School Classes Online
Online AHS classes are offered using Odysseyware. Interested students must first attend the 3 day/night program orientation, followed by an online orientation.
To request an official AHS transcript:
1. Complete the AHS Transcript Request Form
2. Follow the directions on the form for paying the required transcript fee
3. Please allow 48 hours for processing
Once graduated, students must pick up their diplomas in person from the AHS office in S-110.
For more information call (910) 362-7290, (910) 362-7348, or visit the AHS office in S-110.