Become a Student Ambassador
Each spring semester, CFCC selects a team of student ambassadors to represent the College and the Foundation at a variety of events such as student registration and orientation, donor recognition events, and graduation ceremonies. Candidates for the CFCC Student Ambassador team must complete an application package and submit three letters of recommendation from faculty and staff of the College and other mentors from external sources. A committee appointed by the Executive Director of the CFCC Foundation interviews ambassador candidates and selects students to serve in the following year. Extensive training for new ambassadors is held during the summer. Ambassadors receive scholarship funds which may be applied toward their tuition. Official items of clothing are also provided. Applications for the Ambassador program are available to students in February of each year. For more information, see the info at the bottom of the page.
I want to be a CFCC Ambassador. How do I proceed?
Attend a 2017 Info Session (Optional)
- Review the Cover Sheet
- Complete your Ambassador Application online.
- Complete a request for Recommendations.
The Application & Reference Letters must all be submitted ONLINE no later than March 9th, 2017 5:00PM
Ambassador Job Duties:
- Serve as a resource for current and prospective students
- Host on-campus visits and give campus tours
- Assist with several CFCC Foundation events and functions each semester
- Communicate regularly with the Foundation office
- Serve as orientation leaders at orientation sessions for students and parents
- Facilitate and assist with registration and graduation
- Communicate with donors via phone and one-on-one contact
- Attend student ambassador training sessions and meetings
- Work with various campus departments as needed
- Be enthusiastic, motivated, creative, friendly, and possess leadership qualities
- Possess good written, interpersonal and group presentation skills
- Enjoy representing the college and be able to effectively present the positive attributes of CFCC
- Be sensitive to the needs of current and potential students
- Be able to work well with others in a team environment
- Be able to attend and/or host three to five day or evening events on behalf of the Foundation office per academic semester
- Be a current CFCC student who will have successfully completed at least 24 credit hours at CFCC prior to ambassadorship term which begins in August
- Be enrolled and in good academic standing at CFCC for the upcoming fall and spring semesters
- Meet and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.