Become a Student Ambassador!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- Friendly atmosphere!
- Leader on Cape Fear CC’s Campuses!
- Excellent on resumes!
Each spring semester, CFCC selects a team of student ambassadors to represent the College. Ambassadors host tours at the North and Wilmington Campuses and serve as resources for potential candidates at the Welcome Center. They also assist with CFCC’s Foundation and Community Relations. Candidates for the CFCC Student Ambassador team must complete an application package and submit three letters of recommendation. Candidates must be available to work two, two hour shifts between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Training for new ambassadors is held during the summer. Ambassadors receive scholarship funds which may be applied toward their tuition. Official items of clothing are also provided. Applications for the Ambassador program are available to students in March of each year. For more information, see the info at the bottom of the page.
Contact Brandon Keith at 910-362-7706 or email@example.com for more details or to schedule a meeting to learn about joining the team!
- Review the Cover Sheet
- Complete your Ambassador Application online
- Recommendation Letters must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org from the recommender themselves, with the student’s name in the subject area.
The Application & Reference Letters must all be submitted ONLINE no later than 5:00 pm on April 19, 2019.
Benefits for selected ambassadors include:
- Tuition Reimbursement for grades of A, B, and C
- Opportunity to reapply to be an ambassador each year
- Leadership training and opportunities
- High visibility on campus and in the community
- Great resume builder
- Opportunity to work with college administration
- Personal development
- Priority Registration
- Supportive and fun working environment
Ambassador Job Duties:
- Serve as a resource for current and prospective students at the Welcome Center
- Serve a yearlong commitment- Fall & Spring Semesters
- Host on-campus visits and give campus tours at both the Wilmington and North Campus
- Assist with CFCC Foundation/Community Relation’s events and functions
- Serve as orientation leaders at orientation sessions for new students and parents
- Facilitate and assist with registration and graduation
- Attend student ambassador training sessions and meetings
- Attend a 2 day ambassador training session at CFCC in the summer
- Work with various campus departments as needed
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade average
- Be enthusiastic, motivated, creative, friendly, possess leadership qualities, and communicate with potential students
- Possess good written, interpersonal, and group presentation skills
- Enjoy representing the college and be able to effectively present the positive attributes of CFCC
- Be sensitive to the needs of current and potential students
- Be able to work well with others in a team environment
- Be able to work two, two hour shifts each week between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Shifts are determined by the Director of Student Recruitment
- Understand that Ambassador service requirements / activities must be considered first priority in light of other work commitments
- Plan to be enrolled at CFCC with a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester (excluding summer)
- Have an unweighted 3.0 grade point average from their most recent institution (high school, transferring from another college, etc.)
- Complete application and submit with at least three letters of recommendation