Thank you for your interest in the Barber Training Program. We are excited to be able to offer such an affordable program to students in our local, and surrounding area.
If you were on our waiting list please check your email. If you have not received an email from us please give us a call.
We are now able to pre register for upcoming classes. Please view our Pre Registration section for more information.
The Barber Training Full-time Day Program is a 15-17 month program. Students will attend school 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The Barber Training Part-time Day Program is an 18-20 month program. Students will attend school 8 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Barber Training Program provides the skills necessary to become a professional barber! The program will prepare the students for the North Carolina Board Exam which will result in an apprentice license. The successful student will be qualified to work in an entry-level position in a barber shop or related business. After at least one year of on the job training, another exam is given by the Barber Board to issue a Registered Barber License.
Costs associated with the program include:
- Student Permit: $25 (due at registration). Money Order payable to NC Board of Barber Examiners
- Tuition: $180 per course (due at registration). 4 courses projected will be a total of $720.
- Insurance: $15 (due at registration.) Due each fiscal year.
- Barber Student Kit: Approximately $700. This kit contains equipment that you will carry with you to your first job.
- Books: $218 (must be purchased prior to the first day of class).
The total cost to purchase books, kit, and initial application, tuition, and insurance totals under $1,100. Total cost for the entire program will total only approximately $1,700. This is an excellent price for learning a new career!
Required at time of Registration:
**Registration for the barbering program is not available online and must be done in person.**
- Completed “Application to Enroll in Barber School”(only available at the barber school), including a money order for $25.00 student permit fee. The money order must be made out to the NC Board of Barber Examiners. NOTE: Effective October 1, 2016, the NC State Board will no longer require students to obtain FBI background checks for student permits prior to registration. Instead, the board will be using a private vendor for felony checks.
2. Completed CFCC Continuing Education Registration Form. Registration form must be accompanied by $195 which includes the tuition fee of $180 for the first course and the insurance fee of $15.
3. Students must bring proof of High School graduation or GED. A copy of the diploma or transcripts must be provided to NC Barber Board.
***Please note: Student must satisfy any unpaid fees to CFCC, before registration. Flags on the student record will cause the registration to be denied.
An interview with the instructor is required before registration. Bring your questions! He is in the classroom all day so most phone calls are returned at the end of the day. Monday through Thursday between 10:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. are good times to stop by. The location of the barber school is in a small business park named “Emerald Square”. The address is 3333 Wrightsville Ave. Our classroom is in suite “O” and the shop in suite “F”. There is a sign above each location indicating Cape Fear Community College Barber School.
If you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance, let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.
Program Coordinator / Lead Instructor
Cape Fear Community College