Our Mission & Policies
CFCC Library Staff
Articles & eResources
Email/Chat with a Librarian
Learning Resource Center
Email: Email At
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Southeastern Library Association (SELA)
- North Carolina Library Association (NCLA)
- North Carolina Community College Learning Resources Association (NCCCLRA)
- NC LIVE Publicity Advisory Committee (PAC)
- State Library of North Carolina Continuing Education Advisory Committee (CEAC)
- Institutional Effectiveness Committee
- Learning Resources Committee
- College Council
- Native American Heritage Month
- National Poetry Month
- Presentation at the NC Community College System Conference, October 2008 "Thinking Inside the Box: Creating and Re-creating Library Spaces for Today's Students and Services"
- Presentation at the SACS COC Annual Meeting, December 2006 "Closing the Loop: Using LibQUAL+ to Evaluate and Improve Library Services in Community Colleges" http://webster.gtcc.cc.nc.us/library/LibQual+/SACS/index.html
- North Carolina Community College Leadership Program, 2010-2011
- Council of Community College Library Administrators
- The Southeastern Librarian editorial board
- College and Undergraduate Libraries manuscript reviewer
- Friends of the Leland Public Library
Of Professional Interest
- OCLC Report, Perceptions of Libraries, 2010: Context and Community
- The Heart of College Success: Teaching, Learning and College Completion, 2010 CCCSE Findings
- How College Students Evaluate and Use Information in the Digital Age, Project Information Literacy Report, November 2010.
- Food for Thought, August 2009: Beloit College Mindset List
- Community Colleges and the Economic Downturn from Leadership Abstracts, March 2009, published by the League for Innovation in the Community College
- To Read or Not To Read: A Question of National Consequence An NEA report on the distressing nationwide decline of reading. On a related note, check out this article from Atlantic, "Is Google Making Us Stupid?"
- Literacy Debate: Online, R U Really Reading? By MOTOKO RICH
- The Kept-Up Academic Librarian by Steven Bell--Must-read stuff!
- 33 Reasons Why Libraries and Librarians are Still Extremely Important
- "What if Wal-Mart Ran a Library?" [Journal of Electronic Publishing]
- "10 Reasons Why the Internet Is No Substitute for a Library" from American Libraries
- Plagiary: Cross-Disciplinary Studies in Plagiarism, Fabrication, and Falsification An open-access journal from the University of Michigan University Library's Scholarly Publishing Office.
- Educators' Spotlight Digest Look at the Winter 2006 inaugural issue of this multimedia, online magazine that offers information & ideas to teachers of information literacy skills.
- LibWorm: Search and Current Awareness for Libraryfolk
- My fellas are stars...and NO, this is not an actual desk transaction!
- Here's Keith again in CFCC Falling 4 Education and a CFCC Registration Spoof and RE/MAX
Hobbies and Special Interests
- Do I have time for hobbies?
- Cats - Missy & Chewy
- Long walks and bike rides with my husband, Roger
- Favorite TV Shows - Dr. Who, The Big Bang Theory, NCIS, Castle, Person of Interest
- Doris Day Movies - Pillow Talk, That Touch of Mink, Please Don't Eat the Daisies, Lover Come Back, The Thrill of It All ...
- Best Librarian Movie - Desk Set with Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy
- Favorite Recent Books - The Help by Kathryn Stockett; The Year of Magical Thinking; The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot; Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.
- Currently Reading - A Higher Call byAdam Makos Recently finished: Soldiers First by Joe Drape; Incognito: The Secret Lives of Brains by David Eagleman, Against All Odds: My Life of Hardships, Fast Breaks, and Second Chances by Scott Brown, Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff, and This Is Where We Live: Short Stories by 25 Contemporary North Carolina Writers.
- What I'd like to read but probably won't get to - Shop Class As Soulcraft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work by Matthew Crawford
- Truveo (a search engine for video content)
- ACRLog (A blog for academic librarians)
- Arts & Letters Daily from The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Chronicle of Higher Education News Blog
- Librarian's Internet Index (now ipl2)
blogs, rss, & other little technologies for libraries
Social Media Content