CRU Campus Crusade for Christ
CRU is a community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ.
Our purpose is helping to fulfill the Great Commission in the power of the Holy Spirit by winning people to faith in Jesus Christ, building them in their faith and sending them to win and build others and helping the body of Christ to do evangelism and discipleship through a variety of creative ways.
We are committed to the centrality of the cross, the truth of the Word, the power of the Holy Spirit and the global scope of the Great Commission. Read our Statement of Faith.
Cru offers spiritual guidance, resources and programs tailored for people from all cultures in every walk of life through many diverse outreaches, including:
- 2,300 campus ministries engaging more than 101,000 students and faculty in ministry on U.S. college campuses.
- Cru’s city ministry serving in over 50 cities and partners with over 2,000 churches and organizations in mobilizing Christ followers to share God’s love throughout the city.
- More than 4 million people in 109 countries have been trained at a Weekend to Remember marriage getaway or an event sponsored by FamilyLife, a Cru ministry. Nearly 100 million people have heard Dennis and Barbara Rainey on their daily radio program “FamilyLife Today” and “Real FamilyLife,” found biblical help and hope on line at familylife.com, read their books and marriage devotionals or participated in a Homebuilders bible study over more than 40 years.
- The athletic ministry has outreaches in 64 countries, 225 college campuses and 46 professional sports teams in the U.S. along with sports media that touches the lives of an estimated 100 million people annually.
- Ministry to military installations and communities in all 50 states as well as deployed units (ships, flight lines and foxholes)
- The JESUS film has been shown in more than 1,500 languages and in every nation in the world. To date, Jesus Film Project is responsible for more than 7.7 billion exposures to the gospel and more than 530 million total estimated decisions for Christ.
Cru was originally founded as Campus Crusade for Christ in 1951, when Bill and Vonette Bright began the ministry on the UCLA campus. God had given him a vision portraying the total fulfillment of the Great Commission throughout the world. We are only a part of God’s workforce to accomplish that, but we are passionate about our part and how we can help others achieve their parts. From the beginning we have sought to be a caring community as well as a community on mission.
For more information contact:
Club Advisor: Stacey Tatum