Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) is the official organization authorized by the administration to represent all students at Cape Fear Community College. The SGA is a democratic organization and as such, elects officers each year. The State Board of Community Colleges, the CFCC Board of Trustees, and the administration, faculty, and staff fully support the SGA. This support is most visible in the office of the SGA President who, upon election to that office, automatically becomes a member of the Board of Trustees and the College Council. Additionally, students have SGA representatives on standing college committees. These committees are charged with annually reviewing and recommending changes to the College.
The Student Government Association is an active organization; it is the voice of the student body and has paved the way for open lines of communication between students and the administration. Students receive practical experience in responsible citizenship through participation in a program of self-government.
The mission of the Cape Fear Community College Student Government Association is:
- To provide an effective, accommodative mode for the student body to deliberate and act in concert;
- To promote student-leadership among the student body;
- To facilitate the academic achievement of the student body;
- To improve the collegiate experience in general, and the atmosphere between the student body and broader community;
- To encourage camaraderie amongst its membership; and
- To serve the collective needs of the student body, through the advocacy of the mutual interests and common principles shared by the individuals, which comprise that body.
The Student Government Association is an active organization; it is the voice of the student body and has paved the way for good lines of communication between students and administration. Students receive practical experience in responsible citizenship through participation in a program of self-government.