Truck Driver Training
The Truck Driver Training curriculum prepares individuals to drive tractor trailers rigs. This program teaches proper driving procedures, safe driver responsibility, commercial motor vehicle laws and regulations, and the basic principles and practices for operating commercial vehicles.
The course work includes motor vehicle laws and regulations, map reading, vehicle maintenance, safety procedures, daily logs, defensive driving, freight handling, security, and fire protection. Highway driving, training range exercises, and classroom lectures are used to develop the student’s knowledge and skills.
Graduates of the curriculum are qualified to take the Commercial Driver’s License and employable by commercial trucking firms. They may also become owner-operators and work as private contract haulers.
Violations That Prohibit Entry Into the Program
(If committed within the last three years)
- DWI (Driving While Impaired)
- Refusal to take a chemical test
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Careless and reckless
- More than three (3) moving violations.
To register the following requirements must be met:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Submit an application
- Submit copies of the following:
- DOT Physical Examination and Drug Screen
- Drug test are to be faxed to 910-362-7797
- Non-certified DMV Driving History Record obtained on-line: www.ncdot.org/dmv
- Class A CDL permit (obtained by passing three written DMV test which include General Knowledge, Combination, and Airbrakes with a 80% or better)
The program offers both Day and Night classes all year round
Day classes eight weeks; 8:00am–5:00pm first two weeks classroom, remaining six weeks 7:00–4:00 road and range.
Starting dates: August 11, 2014, October 6, 2014, December 1, 2014, February 16, 2015
Night classes sixteen weeks; 5:30pm – 10:30pm
Starting dates: July 10, 2014, October 20, 2014, March 6, 2014