Truck Driver Training
*** Students MUST Complete Online Application and Establish NC Residency Prior to Registration***
Please click on the information packet link below for additional fees and registration information.
The Truck Driver Training curriculum prepares individuals to drive tractor trailers rigs. This program teaches proper driving procedures, safe driver responsibility, commercial motor vehicle laws and regulations, and the basic principles and practices for operating commercial vehicles.
The coursework includes motor vehicle laws and regulations, map reading, vehicle maintenance, safety procedures, daily logs, defensive driving, freight handling, security, and fire protection. Highway driving, training range exercises, and classroom lectures are used to develop the student’s knowledge and skills.
Graduates of the curriculum are qualified to take the Commercial Driver’s License Exam and gain employment with commercial trucking firms. They may also become owner-operators and work as private contract haulers.
Violations That Prohibit Entry Into the Program!!
(If convicted within the last five years)
- Felony drug possession charge
- License Suspension
- Refusal to take a chemical test
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Careless and reckless
- More than three (3) moving violations
Requirements for Registration
Copies of the following to be presented at registration
Keep your original
1. Long Form Physical DOT Medical Card, and Pre-Employment Drug Screen (no more than 30 days old with the results faxed to CFCC). Negative result must be on file before any driving!
2. DMV Driving Record. May be obtained online at @ www.ncdot.org/dmv or mail request form DL-DPPA-1 (last page of Truck Driver Information Packet (link above)).
3. You must be at least 18 years old, and have a valid NC Driver’s License with Class A CDL permit
4. If you are a Veteran bring a copy of your Form DD214. If you are a child of a Veteran, bring a copy of your parent’s Form DD214 and a copy of your Birth Certificate
A high school diploma or GED is not a requirement for enrollment to this program!
The program offers both Day and Night classes
Schedule Subject to change
Day Class Schedule
August 20, 2018 – October 12, 2018 *Registration July 31, 2018
October 15, 2018 – December 13, 2018 <<CANCELLED DUE TO HURRICANE FLORENCE>>
January 02,2019 – February 26, 2019 *Registration December 04, 2018
March 04, 2019 – April 26, 2019 *Registration February 12, 2019
April 29, 2019 – June 21, 2019 *Registration April 16, 2019
June 24, 2019 – August 16, 2019 *Registration June 11, 2019
Hours of class: 7am to 6pm, Monday – Friday – 8 weeks
Evening Class Schedule
July 16, 2018 – Nov. 09, 2018 * Registration June 26, 2018
January 05, 2019 – March 28, 2019 *Registration December 11, 2018
March 30, 2019 – June 21, 2019 *Registration March 12, 2019
June 29, 2019 – September 19, 2019 *Registration June 18, 2019
Hours of the class: 5:30-10:30pm (Monday-Friday)
And Saturday 8:00am – 5:00pm
With each class, there will only be ONE registration day.
The class will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Cape Fear Community College
North Campus Safety Training Center
4500 Blue Clay Road
Castle Hayne, NC 28429
Building: NC Office #123
Interested in earning your
GED along with your Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL)?
Through the Basic Skills Plus Program, your tuition and book fees are waived if you’re enrolled in CFCC’s GED program and Truck Driver Training.