You may choose any of the following 4 options to register for a Continuing Education class:
*If this is an Ed2Go Online Course, click here for registration instructions.
Pre-Registration for all classes is required unless otherwise noted in course description.
- ONLINE OPTION: Go online to WebAdvisor to register and pay for a class. Click here for instructions on WebAdvisor; or
- MAIL-IN OPTION: Download the registration form, fill it out completely and mail it, along with your payment, to Continuing Education, Cape Fear Community College, 411 North Front Street, Wilmington, NC 28401. This should be done at least 14 days prior to the first class meeting; or
- WALK-IN OPTION: Download the registration form, fill it out completely and bring it, along with your payment, to the Business, Industry and Government Center at 805 North 3rd Street, Wilmington, NC. This should be done at least 5 days prior to the first class meeting; or
- Come to the first class meeting 15 minutes early. Fill out the registration form and pay for the class before the scheduled start time. (This option is only available for classes that do not require a pre-registration.)
- Check or Money Order made payable to "CFCC" OR
- Exact Cash (sorry, we can't make change)
We accept personal checks, company checks or money orders made out to Cape Fear Community College. We accept Visa and MasterCard for walk-in registrations only. Many class fees are waived for North Carolina resident senior citizens 65 or older. Call (910) 362-7170 to find out if a course meets senior tuition waiver requirements. Seniors pay for all materials, books and parking fees.
Other Important Information:
Include start date of your course and class title on the Registration form. Be sure to sign the form!
We recommend early registration, since classes fill on a first-pay, first-served basis. We reserve the right to cancel classes if we do not have sufficient enrollment. Your early registration will help us with an accurate count of our enrollment.
For courses at the Burgaw campus, you will register and pay at the first class, however, you must sign up by telephone in advance by calling 259-4966. You may NOT sign up by telephone for courses marked mail-in/walk-in, in person only, or first-class registration.
Some courses state "register at first class." For these classes, there is no pre-registration. Simply bring payment for the class (check or money order) to the first session.
Nurse Aide classes are registered on-site only-see course descriptions for days and times of registration periods.
Course dates show the date of the class (example: 09/13) or the begin and end date of the course (example: 09/4 - 10/23).
A majority of Continuing Education classes are in the affordable $65 - $175 range. Financial aid is not available for continuing education classes.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
The Refund Policy is established by the NC General Assembly for all NC community colleges. For any classes cancelled by CFCC, a full refund will be given.
Refund requests and withdrawals must be made in writing by the student (no exceptions). Refund request forms are available at each class site. A request for refund and withdrawal may be made by letter.
- A 100-percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class before the first class meeting by submitting a written request. or e-mail prior to class start date (fax: 910-362-7190 or email: email@example.com).
- A 75-percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws after the class starts but before the "10-percent date" of scheduled hours. Community Service/Self-Support course fees are not refundable.
- A full refund shall be made for classes canceled by the college. You do not have to request a refund.
Cape Fear Community College is now collecting a $5 technology fee for all classes that utilize computer technology. This fee will cover the growing cost of maintaining and upgrading the College's computer system.
Students directed to purchase books from the CFCC bookstore can call 362-7379 for bookstore hours. The bookstore downtown is located on the ground floor, room L004, of the "L" (Health Sciences/Learning Resource Center) building on the 400 block of Front Street. The bookstore at the North Campus is located on the ground floor of the McKeithan Center (NA-114).
Students needing an official record of their course should call 362-7174 or 362-7187. Upon written request of the student, along with a copy of a photo identification card, a transcript of continuing education courses taken at Cape Fear Community College will be sent to other colleges, industry, and/or student. Transcripts will be processed within 24-48 hours of receiving the written request. All transcripts are $2.00 each.
Continuing Education Registration - Campus Access Fee
All parking decals may be obtained in person Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–10 p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., at the front office desk of the BIG Center for classes on the Main Campus.
At Burgaw Center, parking decals may be obtained in person Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–10 p.m., from the front desk.
At the North Campus, parking decals may be obtained in person from the Business Office cashier’s window, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Students are required to display parking passes on vehicles parked on campus at any site. .
Check each class section for telephone numbers for further information.
- For Nurse Aide classes, call 362-7181.
- For Burgaw classes, call 362-7900 or 259-4966.
- For Small Business, call 362-7216 or 362-7469.
- For Personal Enrichment, Leisure & Recreation and various technical courses, check course description phone number.
- For all other courses, call 362-7170, fax at 362-7190 or e-mail us.