What is Academic Advising?
Academic advising is a process in which students seek and receive guidance with academic program planning and course selection from an assigned faculty advisor. It is the responsibility of the student to seek advising assistance.
Advisors help you:
- Explore and define your educational and career goals
- Assess your interests and abilities
- Select courses required to complete your degree or needed to transfer to a 4-year college or university
- Understand college policies and procedures
- Make use of CFCC resources
“Everyone is always friendly and sincere in making sure everyone is being taken care of in a timely matter. The staff really helped me relax and not be so stressed about my program of study. Thank you!” – CFCC Student