English as a Second Language (ESL)
Located on the 1st floor of the McLeod (S) Building.
The ESL program is designed for adults whose native language is not English. Classes are designed to serve the needs of those individuals who have no English skills up to those who are advanced in English.
ESL classes help individuals develop skills to get a job, assist their children with schoolwork, better understand American culture and history, and improve communication skills.
TOEFL classes are offered through Continuing Education (910-362-7196) to assist individuals preparing to enter a college or university and need to pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language.
All ESL classes are free of charge.
ESL Classes are located at:
- Atkinson Library, 300 W. Henry Street, Atkinson
- Blair Elementary School (in library), 6510 Market Street, Wilmington (September through May)
- Burgaw Campus, room B-206, 100 E. Industrial Drive, Burgaw
- Centro Latino, 4804 Wrightsville Avenue, Wilmington (September through May)
- CFCC Wilmington Campus, 411 North Front Street, Wilmington
- Devon Park United Methodist Church, 3403 Winston Boulevard, Wilmington
- Friends School of Wilmington/Peiffer Campus, 350 Peiffer Avenue, Wilmington (September through May)
- Mary C. Williams Elementary School (in library), 801 Silver Lake Road, Wilmington (September through May)
- North Campus—coming soon—call for information
- Pender Arts Council, 108 S. Wilmington Street, Burgaw
- St. Mary’s School (classroom is up the stairs between the gym and the main building), 412 Ann Street, Wilmington
- Surf City Campus, room SA-123, 621 NC Hwy 210 E, Hampstead
- Willard Outreach Community Center, 9955 NC Hwy 11, Willard
To enroll in an ESL class at the Wilmington Campus:
1. Attend an ESL Registration (schedule):
2. Be 18 or older (16 & 17 year olds can register with a signed and notarized parental consent form).
3. Bring a photo identification with birth date and signature
To enroll in an ESL class at one of the other locations
1. Arrive at the location at the beginning of class:
2. Be 18 or older (16 & 17 year olds can register with a signed and notarized parental consent form)
3. Bring: Photo identification with birthdate and signature
For more information call Cindy or Fabiola at (910) 362-7184