When should I meet with my Advisor?
New Students (have not attended a class yet): You will need to:
- Complete your online orientation – cfcc.edu/orientation
- Visit cfcc.edu/orientation
- Watch the video, then select click here for the follow up quiz
- Complete the quiz and submit. Once completed your record will be updated within 24 hours or the next business day.
- Determine if you need placement testing – cfcc.edu/testing
- Did you complete the SAT with scores of at least 530 in Math AND 480 in the Evidenced=Based Reading and Writing section?
- Did you complete the ACT and earn at least 18 in the English section OR a 22 in the Reading section AND a 22 in the Math section?
- Have you completed a college-level English Composition or a College Algebra (or higher) course?
YES – If you answered YES to any of the above, please send your test scores or transcripts to the Admissions Office so they may determine if you are exempt from placement testing.
NO – If you answered NO to any of the above, schedule your placement testing at cfcc.edu.testing.
- See your advisor and register for classes – cfcc.edu/advising
- Stop by the Academic Advising Center to get help with course selection and registration, or to talk about what career path might be right for you.
- We’ve also created a step-by-step registration guide to help you complete the registration process. Visit cfcc.edu/howtoregister to watch the tutorial.
Current Students :
For the name of your advisor, check WebAdvisor or click here. Click on “My Profile” under your “Academic Profile” for your assigned advisor’s name and email address. As a reminder, some faculty advisors are not on campus during the summer term.
- If you have an assigned faculty advisor, schedule an appointment with your advisor during the pre-registration advising period. You will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office each semester to notify you that it is time to meet with your advisor. Do not delay in meeting with your advisor as you may miss your priority registration.
- If you are assigned to the Academic Advising Center, visit the Academic Advising Center on the Wilmington Campus (Union Station, Room 240) or the Learning Lab on the North Campus (McKeithan Center, NA 113K). Students are seen on a walk-in basis or may call for an appointment.
Returning Students (have been away for one or more semesters): Check the CFCC website for registration dates and register online using WebAdvisor or seek assistance in the Academic Advising Center or from your assigned faculty advisor.
“Everyone working there was awesome! They went above and beyond to help me. I really appreciate everything.” – CFCC Student