CFCC partnering with over 100 local businesses to offer 15 apprenticeship programs
Wilmington, NC – Cape Fear Community College (CFCC) is proud to collaborate with over one hundred local businesses to offer fifteen different apprenticeship opportunities to our students. The pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs, which cover a wide variety of industries, are designed to equip students with practical skills and real-world experience, making them highly competitive in their chosen career fields.
Cape Fear Community College works to ensure the best possible outcome for the student and the employer. Our program directors, faculty, and career development coordinators are working with our employer partners to determine what positions they are looking to fill, the skills needed to be successful in these positions, and the type of employee they hope to attract. Our instructors then work with our students to match them to the employer best suited for their success.
“Our commitment to establishing pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs represents a commitment to preparing our students for successful careers and helping to train qualified employees to enter the local workforce,” said Jim Morton, CFCC President. “We are grateful to our community partners for their support, and we look forward to witnessing the impact these apprenticeships have on our students’ lives and on our community.”
Current apprenticeship programs include:
- Accounting Technology Specialist
- Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology
- Computer Integrated Machining
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Lineworker Pre-Apprenticeship
- Fire Alarms Systems Training
- Gas Technician Pre-Apprenticeship
- Information Technology Specialist
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Plumbing and Pipefitting
- Truck Driver Training Pre-Apprenticeship
- Welding Technology
To learn more about CFCC’s pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs, visit cfcc.edu/apprenticeships .