Health Sciences Enrollment
The Health Sciences Enrollment Center is here to help you navigate the process! Come and see us in Union Station in Suite 297, or contact us at email@example.com !
Update for Fall 2023
The PSB company ceased to offer its test products effective August 31, 2022. Therefore, the CFCC health science/nursing faculty and Student Services units rolled out new testing guidelines for health science and nursing applicants. The TEAS test (by ATI; versions 6 and 7) will be used in place of the PSB.
Summary of the changes for 2023
- Students must have the TEAS test(s) completed and meet the cut-off score and all other minimum requirements prior to filing an Intent (specific for each program).
- The 9-digit TEAS student number and test date will be required on the Intent form. An official score report must be on file at (or accessible to) CFCC before filing the Intent AND before the end of the application period.
- Applicants may test numerous times (no limits) and should use the highest test as part of their Intent (the form has been changed to require this information; only one set of scores should be submitted)
- There is only one TEAS test that will be used by the nursing and health science majors.
- See application deadlines below.
- Students may test in various ways as this test is not “by invitation only”. They may visit the CFCC Testing Services website and schedule a test to be taken at CFCC ($85.00), test remotely ($115.00), use a PSI testing site ($115.00), or test at another college or university (costs vary).
- Information packets and Point Count Sheets for 2023 are forthcoming.
|Associate Degree Nursing||Oct 13, 2022-Jan 31, 2023 (Fall 2023)|
|Nursing Transition||Sept 23, 2022 – Nov. 9, 2022|
|Practical Nursing||Jan 23, 2023 – April 21, 2023|
|LPN to RN||Feb 15, 2023 – April 26, 2023|
|CCP/CTE Nurse Aide Program||N/A|
|Economic and Workforce Development Nurse Aide Program||N/A|
Allied Health Programs
|Dental Assisting||Jan 30, 2023 – May 24, 2023|
|Dental Hygiene||Jan 27, 2023 – April 5, 2023|
|Medical Assisting||Jan. 30, 2023 – June 2, 2023 (or until filled)|
|Health and Fitness Science||N/A|
|Occupational Therapy Assistant||Feb 9, 2023 – May 11, 2023|
|Medical Laboratory Technology||Dec. 5, 2022 (Spring 2023)
Jan 25, 2023 – May 22, 2023 (Fall 2023)
|Radiography||Jan 17, 2023 – April 17, 2023|
|Medical Sonography||Jan 12, 2023 – March 31, 2023|
|Cardiovascular Sonography||Jan 12, 2023 – March 31, 2023|
|Pharmacy Technology||January 23, 2023 – May 18, 2023 (or until filled)|
|Surgical Technology||Jan 27, 2023 – May 22, 2023|
|Human Services Substance Abuse Counseling||N/A|
|Veterinary Medical Technology||Jan 25, 2023 – May 22, 2023|
Training for Healthcare Professionals
- Certified Professional Coder
- Sign Language for Healthcare Professionals
- Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
- Human Services Technology: Substance Abuse
First Responder Programs
Students may view specific program requirements and applications at the links above or visit the Health Sciences Enrollment Center for paper copies.