Placement Testing is required only for the following first responder programs: BLET, EMT Basic, Wilmington Firefighters, Advanced EMT, Paramedic, and EMS.
Testing to Improve Course Placement
Placement Testing options to improve course placement are available for applicants who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Graduated from a US High School more than 10 years ago with an unweighted gpa less than 2.8
- Received one of the following High School Equivalency credentials: GED (prior to 2014), HiSet, TASC
- Graduated from an adult high school (AHS) program
- Graduated from a foreign high school
The Placement Test Advising Guide contains information about using prior credit to improve course placement.
If you are testing for a first responder program or eligible to take the RISE placement test to improve your course placement as described above, you can schedule your test here .Schedule Your Test
Other Testing Information
GED® Testing has resumed and can be scheduled at ged.com .
PearsonVUE professional testing sessions have been canceled until further notice. Options for providing these tests are being explored.
- RISE Placement Test for Eligible Applicants (see requirements above)
- Pre-Admissions Test Required for First Responder Programs
- Psychological Service Bureau (PSB) Testing for Health Sciences programs
- GED® Testing
- Pearson VUE Professional Certifications