Academic Advising Center
Academic advisors at CFCC’s academic advising center help you develop a plan to reach your educational and career goals, select courses required to complete your degree, develop a transfer plan to a 4-year college or university, and change your major.
Visit the Academic Advising Center
Students may schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor in-person or virtually by using the buttons below.
Whenever possible, we encourage you to schedule a time when you can come in person to our center. We’d love to meet you, and it will give you a chance to check out our campus.
Walk-ins (without an appointment) are welcome on a first-come, first-served basis at the academic advising center. Please plan to arrive at least an hour before closure to ensure adequate time to meet with an advisor.
Can’t make it in person? Give us a call at 910-362-7859 .
Be sure to have your student portal account created prior to meeting with an advisor.
How to create your student portal account
- Visit the student portal at my.cfcc.edu .
- Select first-time user.
- Locate your student information in your acceptance email or letter.
- Create and verify your account.
- Need assistance? Contact the IT Helpdesk at 910-362-4357 or email@example.com .
- Check your CFCC email regularly
- See your academic advisor during the pre-registration advising period
- Review your program of study and think about which classes you would like to take prior to your meeting
- Become familiar with the academic policies and procedures outlined in the College Catalog
- Research 4-year colleges and universities that you may be interested in transferring to early in your enrollment at CFCC so you can consider their requirements when selecting courses to transfer to NC 4-year colleges and universities
- Seek assistance right away if problems or questions arise