Class of 2020 and 2021 high school grads, your first two years at CFCC can be FREE! FIND OUT HOW
Home / Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Are you alarmed at the cost of college? Don’t be.

Cape Fear Community College offers scholarships, loans, grants, and work-study programs that can help make your college education affordable.

Upcoming FAFSA Nights

Get hands-on help with applying for financial aid!

Attend an Upcoming FAFSA Night

Attention 2020 and 2021 High School Graduates: You MUST complete the FAFSA in order to be eligible for the Longleaf Commitment Grant

CFCC has received $2,363,220 from the Federal government in order to assist students with costs associated with attending college.

The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRSAA) requires that we prioritize the distribution of this funding for students with exceptional financial need. For eligibility requirements and information, visit the HEERF II Funds Distribution Plan webpage

How to Apply

Apply for admission to Cape Fear Community College
  • If you have already applied, skip to step 2.
  • If you have applied to CFCC within the past year, you do not need to complete another application.
Apply for financial aid
Wait for CFCC Correspondence

CFCC will contact you via your CFCC email, typically within 7-10 business days with a financial aid award letter, or a letter requesting additional documents.

  • Please check your CFCC email account for important information from the Financial Aid Office including documents required to complete the application process and award notices.
  • New applicants should allow 4 business days in the creation of a CFCC email account.
  • You may elect to receive paper copies in addition to electronic correspondence by indicating that preference in WebAdvisor > Student Planning (Self-Service) > Financial Information > Financial Aid > Correspondence Option.

Financial Aid Eligibility
To receive aid, students must:

  • Qualify for financial need.
  • Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate, pass a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education, meet other standards the state establishes that the Department approves, or complete a high school education in a home setting that is treated as such under state law.
  • Be working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Have a valid Social Security Number (unless homeland is Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau).
  • Register with the Selective Service (if required).  Students can use the paper or electronic FAFSA to register, log on to  or call 1-847-688-6888 (TTY users can call 1-847-688-2567).
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
  • Certify that you are not currently in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant.
  • Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
General Information
Translate »