Request a Transcript
Ordering Official Transcripts
Cape Fear Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. Transcripts may be requested 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Online transcript requests submitted on weekends or while the College is closed for holidays will be processed in the order received when the College re-opens. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. To order official transcripts online:
- Login in to the National Student Clearinghouse secure site
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. There is a fee of $5 per copy. Overnight and international mail requests will incur an additional fee.
- To ensure confidentiality and to comply with federal regulations, your online signed authorization is required to issue transcripts. For your convenience, the Clearinghouse’s online ordering service will generate a consent form for you that may be signed online.
- Order updates will be emailed to you from the Clearinghouse. You can also opt for text message updates and track your order online.
- If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service , you may contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-742-7791.
If you must include additional documents or forms from other institutions with your transcript in the official sealed envelope, or you do not have a Master or Visa credit/debit card, please contact us at email@example.com for options.
How long does it take?
Transcript requests are processed in the order that they are received. Unless you have an outstanding financial obligation to Cape Fear Community College or another hold on your records, requested transcripts are usually electronically sent in minutes or mailed in 1-2 business days via the US Postal Service with first class postage. The way you request and the way the sender can receive will determine if it will go electronically or via postal mail. Postal mail time does not include delivery time which will depend on where the transcripts are being sent and timeliness of the US Postal Service. Processing may take longer time during peak times (e.g., the beginning and end of each semester).
Who can request official transcripts?
Only students can request the release of official transcripts.
What if I have an outstanding financial obligation to the college?
If you submit a request for official transcripts and you have any outstanding obligations, we will contact you.
Walk-in Ordering (not issued on-demand)
The Registrar’s Office is located in Union Station at the Downtown Campus and the McKeithan Center at the North Campus, and is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Students and alumnae/i may complete transcript request forms in the Registrar’s Office but transcripts are not issued while you wait.
For Further Information
Email the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .