Home / Services & Support / Records and Registration / Request a Transcript

Request a Transcript

Cape Fear Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. Transcripts may be requested 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Online transcript requests submitted on weekends or while the College is closed for holidays will be processed in the order received when the College re-opens. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. To order official transcripts online:

  • Login in to the National Student Clearinghouse secure site
  • The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. There is a fee of $7 per copy. Overnight and international mail requests will incur an additional fee.
  • To ensure confidentiality and to comply with federal regulations, your online signed authorization is required to issue transcripts. For your convenience, the Clearinghouse’s online ordering service will generate a consent form for you that may be signed online.
  • Order updates will be emailed to you from the Clearinghouse. You can also opt for text message updates and track your order online.
  • If you need help or have questions about the Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service , you may contact them by email at transcripts@studentclearinghouse.org or call 703-742-7791.
  • If you must include additional documents or forms from other institutions with your transcript in the official sealed envelope, or you do not have a Master or Visa credit/debit card, please contact us at transcripts@cfcc.edu for options.

Frequently Asked Questions

What type of transcript can I request through the National Student Clearinghouse?

You may order either your Curriculum (credit classes) or your Continuing Education (non-credit classes) through this service.

*If you need your Adult High School transcript for high school courses taken at Cape Fear Community College, do not request a transcript here but rather visit the Academic and Career Readiness website to find the form and instructions to request your Adult High School transcript. Note: High School transcripts from traditional/private high schools should be requested from those schools

How long does it take?

Transcript requests are processed in the order that they are received. Unless you have an outstanding financial obligation to Cape Fear Community College or another hold on your records, requested transcripts are usually electronically sent in minutes or mailed in 1-2 business days via the US Postal Service with first-class postage. The way you request and the way the sender can receive will determine if it will go electronically or via postal mail. Postal mail time does not include the delivery time which will depend on where the transcripts are being sent and the timeliness of the US Postal Service for which we have no control. Processing may take longer during peak times (e.g., the beginning and end of each semester).

Who can request official transcripts?

Only students can request the release of official transcripts.

What if I have an outstanding financial obligation to the college?

If you submit a request for official transcripts and you have any outstanding obligations, the system will allow you to continue your request and you will allowed 30 days to clear the hold. If the hold is cleared in that 30 days, your transcript will update and send within 24 hours as long as no other issues are determined.

Walk-in Ordering (not issued on-demand)

The Registrar’s Office is located in Union Station at the Downtown Campus and the McKeithan Center at the North Campus and is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday. (Summer hours May through August may vary.)

Students and alumni may complete transcript request forms in the Registrar’s Office however, transcripts are not issued while you wait. Students may make the request in person and pay the fees and then return in 24 hours to pick up their transcript(s).

For Further Information

Email the Registrar’s Office at transcripts@cfcc.edu .

Call the Registrar’s Office at 910-362-7557 for assistance with transcripts.


If you are currently registered for an Economic and Workforce Development course or have registered for one within the past 3 years, you may receive an unofficial copy of your transcript by logging on to Web Advisor.

Instructions for logging on to WebAdvisor


Need an official transcript or diploma for GED®, HiSET or TASC high school equivalency testing?

All official North Carolina high school equivalency documents from 1942-present are managed by DiplomaSender.com .

Diploma Sender offers a free set of documents to students who passed high school equivalency exams for the first time from January 1, 2014 until present. This is a one-time offer only and additional document requests will be subject to fees.

Transcripts, diplomas, and verifications for GED®, HiSET, and TASC are $15.00 per document. Diploma Sender accepts all major credit cards and money orders or cashier’s checks. Documents can be mailed, faxed, or emailed.


Complete the AHS Transcript Request form and follow the directions. Each AHS transcript costs $5.00. The $5.00 fee is waived for any student entering other CFCC programs.


Complete the CE-RISE Transcript Request form and follow the directions. Each CE-RISE transcript costs $5.00. The $5.00 fee is waived for any student entering other CFCC programs.

Translate »