Adam WhiteInstructor, Music Department: Fine Arts/Music Humanities/Arts Center (WA) 2012
Wilmington Campus 910-362-7114
Adam Moxley-White is the full-time music instructor for Applied Brass at Cape Fear Community College (CFCC) in Wilmington, NC. He also teaches music appreciation and intro to electronic music at CFCC. His degrees are in music performance from Columbus State University and music education from Gardner-Webb University. Adam’s primary trumpet teachers were Tim Hudson and Dr. Robert Murray. Adam is an active performer in the Carolinas.
Adam has been the featured soloist with: the Tallis Chamber Orchestra performing All Through The Night by Gwyneth Walker, The Gardner Webb Orchestra performing the Neruda Trumpet Concerto, and twice for Orchestra performances at First Baptist Church Wilmington, NC performing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Richard Kingsmore and the soprano solo for Dubois’ The Seven Last Words of Christ – Introduction on Flugelhorn.
As an ensemble musician, Adam is the 2nd trumpet player with the City Ballet, and has played principal/lead trumpet with Opera Wilmington (La Traviata) and Opera House Theater Musical productions at Thalian Hall (Man of La Mancha). He performs regularly with Wilmington and Long Bay Symphonies and does a variety of subbing for local jazz groups.
With the Wilmington Symphony, Adam has performed with Motown artist Oleta Adams, Gullah performer Ronald Daise, and the Queen’s Cartoonist. He has been recorded for horn lines and solos with the Morning New Band for their single When I Go Out (released in 2021).
As an educator, Adam co-runs a Jazz Chamber Group with the Wilmington Youth Symphony as well as regularly doing brass sectionals with local middle and high schools. Adam’s brass students have successfully been admitted into All-State Jazz Band as well as transfered successful into UNCG from CFCC’s AFA degree in Music.
Adam is an active member of the International Trumpet Guild (ITG), Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), North Carolina Music Teachers Association (NCMTA), and the Cape Fear Chapter Music Teacher’s Association (CFMTA).
- Master of Music (M.M.), Trumpet Performance, Columbus State University
- Bachelor of Music, Music Education, Gardner-Webb University
Awards and Publications
- Audiation: Musical Imagery and Mental Singing
Published in NACWPI Spring 2 Journal, April 2020
- Presented at ETA conference for NC Community College AFA Professors, February 2020
- Masters Thesis at Columbus State University, May 2019
- International Trumpet Guild Archives at Columbus State University- Scanned Vincent Bach’s Music Library, created a digital Archive for Public Domain 2018-2019
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society, Chapter 185 2019-2020 Member
- GWU Most Outstanding Male Graduate, December 2016
- Alpha Chi Zeta Chapter
- GWU Schweppe Memorial Outstanding Senior Music Student Award 2016-2017
- GWU Pi Kappa Lambda 2016 (Music Honors Society)
- Bob Beason Sacred Music Scholarship 2015, 2016
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- GWU Theodore William Presser Music Award, Recipient 2015
- GWU First Year Music Award 2013
- John Philip Sousa Band Award 2012
- Semper Fidelis Award for Musical Excellence 2011