Home / Human Resources / Transcript Guidelines

Transcript Guidelines

General Information

Cape Fear Community College must comply with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements for maintaining academic credentials for employees who work at the College. Therefore, all new employees are required to provide official transcripts for degrees received once a final hiring decision has been made and a start date has been set. If your highest level of education is a high school diploma or equivalent, proof of completion is required.

In accordance with this requirement, and as a condition of continued employment, please be sure that the necessary requests for copies of your official transcripts have been made and are being sent to the College. The College must receive all official transcripts prior to your first date of employment and/or orientation.

Unofficial Transcripts

  • Unofficial transcripts may be photocopies of official transcripts or transcripts stamped “Issued to Student.”
  • Copies of college diplomas or other grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
  • If you do not have a college degree, you must submit high school or GED transcripts showing that you have graduated.
  • Unofficial transcripts may be required when submitting an application for an open position. Please review the job posting for further information.

Official Transcripts

After a conditional job offer has been made by HR, you must request official transcripts or foreign degree evaluations, pay any fees required by the issuing institution(s), and have them sent directly from the issuing institution to CFCC’s Human Resources Department.

Cape Fear Community College
Attn: Human Resources
411 N. Front Street
Suite U-299
Wilmington, NC 28401



  • Transcripts for all degrees obtained must be received prior to your new hire orientation and start date.
  • To qualify as an official, transcripts should be “Issued to Cape Fear Community College” or to any Cape Fear Community College official authorized to accept transcripts.
  • Transcripts may not read “Issued to Student” and may not be hand-delivered by the applicant, even if sealed.
  • Employees who have obtained their education outside of the U.S. and its territories must have their academic degree(s) validated, at their own expense, by an outside credential evaluation service as equivalent to the baccalaureate or master’s degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. Please go to NACES-Credential Evaluation to see a list of acceptable validation sites.

Failure to comply with CFCC’s Transcript policy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of your employment.

Translate »