CCP Pathway: Dog Grooming
The pathway is designed to provide the necessary skills to become an entry-level dog groomer. Coursework includes lectures and hands-on lab. Students will practice skills and techniques during lab hours at an area groomer’s training facility. Students will gain an understanding of how groomers handle different dog breeds and temperaments, dog anatomy, and dog psychology.
Students will become certified in pet CPR and first aid and using Nexderma products. This course meets the training requirements for students to earn the Professional Groomer Credential through the World Pet Association.
Classes are held at our downtown Wilmington Campus, and labs are held at Tender Loving Care Dog Grooming and Academy. Delivery mode is subject to change.
THE CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION/WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PATHWAY (CTE/WCEP)
Tuition-free course hours that lead to technician education certificate, State, or Industry Recognized Credential aligned with a high school career cluster. Students are responsible for the following CFCC fees:
- Parking & Security- $5.00
- Technology Fee – $5.00
- Textbook – $90.00
- Insurance – $15
- Materials Fee – $1,500
- Professional Grooming Kit – Approximately $585
ELIGIBILITY & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have a weighted GPA of 2.8 on high school courses or your principal’s approval
- If GPA is lower than 2.8, assessment testing is required
- For details on eligibility and admissions requirements, please speak to your high school career counselor
APPLICATION PROCESS* FOR PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Complete the CTE WCEP Online Application
- Read Approval Form DocuSign Instructions before proceeding to the next step.
- Complete the Career Technical Approval Form
- SEA Tech – Southeast Area Technical High School
- Note: If your school is not listed, please get in touch with email@example.com .
- Students MUST have their parent’s name and email address before clicking to complete the approval form *Home School & Private School Students, please contact a Workforce Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-362-7883 .
Once you have completed your application process (see above*), please get in touch with email@example.com to express your intent to enroll in the CTE/WCEP Dog Grooming Pathway.
REGISTRATION DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS
Once you have emailed firstname.lastname@example.org to express your intent to enroll in the CTE/WCEP Dog Grooming Pathway, you will receive additional registration instructions. Below outlines the required documentation required to complete your registration.
- CTE WCEP Acceptance Email.
- Copy of current High School Transcript must be provided.
- Other documentation may be required.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTINUED ENROLLMENT IN CCP (CTE/WCEP PATHWAY)
To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation.
- Continue to make progress toward successful completion of the Workforce
- Continuing Education pathway as defined by the pathway syllabus.
- A student who doesn’t meet these criteria will be subject to the college’s policy for unsatisfactory progress.
- For more information about this CCP Pathway application process, available programs, enrollment, and eligibility, please visit your High School Career Counselor.