CCP Pathway: Electrical Apprenticeship Level I
This pathway will prepare students to go into Electrical Apprenticeship Level 2 upon graduation from high school.
Electrical Apprenticeship Level 1 start dates/time will vary depending on the high school you are located at. Level I begins with the basics of safety and an introduction to math for measurements, hand/power tools, blueprint reading, and rigging. Students learn to bend and install conduit, mount boxes and receptacles and are introduced to electrical theory, and understanding the National Electrical Code.
This four-level/four-year program is taught using the Mike Holt curriculum and books. During the first level in the high schools students will be taught using a combination of NCCER and Mike Holt. Students will earn a NCCER Credential.
This program is a registered apprenticeship program with Apprenticeship NC through the Department of Labor. Upon completion of the four-level/four-year program, apprentices will receive their Apprenticeship NC journeyman card and certificate.
Classes are located at designated and approved high schools. Currently these are Ashley High School, New Hanover High School, Pender High School, Heide Trask High School.
THE CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION/WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PATHWAY (CTE/WCEP)
Tuition-free course hours that lead to technician education certificate, State, or Industry Recognized Credential aligned with a high school career cluster. Students are responsible for the following CFCC fees:
- Parking & Security- $5.00/class
ELIGIBILITY & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Be a high school junior or senior.
- Have a weighted GPA of 2.8 on high school courses or your principal’s approval.
- If GPA is lower than 2.8, assessment testing is required.
- For details on eligibility and admissions requirements, please speak to your high school career counselor.
APPLICATION PROCESS* FOR PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Complete the CTE WCEP Online Application .
- Read Approval Form DocuSign Instructions before proceeding to the next step.
- Complete the Career Technical Approval Form .
- Students MUST have their parent’s name and email address before clicking to complete the approval form.
Ashley High School, New Hanover High School, Pender High School, Heide Trask High School are the only schools approved for this class at this time.
Once you have completed your application process (see above*), don’t hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com to express your intent to enroll in the CTE/WCEP Electrical Apprenticeship Level I Pathway.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CONTINUED ENROLLMENT IN CCP (CTE/WCEP PATHWAY)
To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation.
- Continue to make progress toward successful completion of the Workforce.
- Continuing Education pathway as defined by the pathway syllabus.
- A student who doesn’t meet these criteria will be subject to the college’s policy for unsatisfactory progress.
- For more information about this CCP Pathway application process, available programs, enrollment, and eligibility, please visit your High School Career Counselor.