Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Online
Regardless of the industry, all businesses can benefit from using QuickBooks to organize their finances, stay on top of invoices, pay bills on time, and track expenses efficiently. This 100% online course will teach you how to use QuickBooks Online for basic accounting, recording income and expenses, and entering checks and bank transfers. Once you complete this course, you will understand how to get your finances in order and be prepared for the QuickBooks Certified User Exam.Enroll Now
Job Outlook for Bookkeepers
- According to PayScale.com, bookkeepers earn on average $17.37 per hour. Experienced bookkeepers can earn over $56,000 annually.
- According to CareerBuilder.com, bookkeeping is a highly transferable skill set for accounting professionals who want to advance into financial analysis or management roles.
- Technology is highly relevant to the bookkeeper’s role. Mastering QuickBooks Online is the key to matching bookkeeping skills with expanding requirements for analysis, visual data presentation, and reporting that provides value-added to the traditional bookkeeper’s duties.
- Prepare to sit for the QuickBooks Certified User Exam (QBCU).
- Successfully set up a company file in QuickBooks Online.
- Perform fundamental analysis of accounts, financial documents, and reports.
- Perform essential bookkeeping duties and tasks.
- Apply basic accounting principles (accrual method, depreciation, and so on) to bookkeeping practices.
- Understand fundamental accounting concepts and how QuickBooks works to support these concepts.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
II. Accounting Basics
III. Getting Started with QuickBooks Online
IV. The Chart of Accounts
V. Centers and Lists
VI. Bank Accounts
VII. Recording Expenses and Paying Bills
VIII. Credit Cards and Loans
IX. Sales Receipts
X. Invoices, Estimates, and Customizing Sales Forms
XI. Billable Expenses and Customer Credits
XII. Sales Taxes and Reports
XIV. Product and Service Items
XV. Managing Inventory
XVI. Managing Projects and Sales
XVII. Progress Invoicing, Late Fees, and Bad Debts
XIX. Fixed Assets and Loans
XX. Business Entities and Owner Transactions
XXI. Banking Rules, Receipts, and Budgets
XXII. Adjusting and Reviewing the Books
XXIII. Starting a Bookkeeping Business
XXIV. Your Career Roadmap: The Job Search and Future Opportunities (optional)
XXV. Communication and Organization (optional)
Wade Lindenberger is a CPA with over 20 years of financial accounting and management experience in public accounting and private industry. He is currently Director of Finance and Administration for the New Children’s Museum. Before his current position, he worked as the National Finance and Accounting Service Line Leader for Premier Alliance Group, a national professional services firm. Wade was also Director of the Finance and Accounting service line for the San Diego office of a global, publicly held professional services firm. Before becoming a consultant, Wade was a Divisional Controller for one of the leading health and fitness club chains in the world. He has also been Internal Audit Manager and Divisional Controller for a division of a Fortune 500 global energy project management company. He began his career with Coopers & Lybrand, predecessor to PricewaterhouseCoopers, one of the “Big Four” CPA firms. He has previously served as an instructor for courses at Coopers & Lybrand and UC San Diego and is currently an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego School of Business. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Bookkeepers’ Advisory Board.
Helene K. Liatsos is a business advisor and QuickBooks Certified Advisor with more than 25 years of experience. She consults for a range of companies, from travel agencies to startups. Her company Home Office Management Experts was awarded the 2004 Home-Based Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Helene holds a Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.Enroll Now