The Paralegal Technology curriculum prepares individuals to work under the supervision of attorneys by performing routine legal tasks, and assisting with substantive legal work. A paralegal /legal assistant may not practice law, give legal advice, or represent clients in a court of law.
Course work includes substantive and procedural legal knowledge in the areas of civil litigation, legal research and writing, real estate, family law, wills, estates, trusts, and commercial law.
Graduates are trained to assist attorneys in probate work, investigations, public records search, drafting and filing legal documents, research, and office management. Employment opportunities are available in private law firms, governmental agencies, banks, insurance agencies, and other business organizations.
• Paralegal Technology CCP (C25380CP)
• Paralegal Technology Civil Litigation Certificate (C25380C)
• Paralegal Technology Diploma (D25380)
• Paralegal Technology Real Property Certificate (C25380R)
• Paralegal Technology, A.A.S. (A25380)
• Paralegal Technology, Elder Law Certificate (C25380E)