Home / Student Insurance

Student Insurance

Student Accident Insurance

Student Accident Insurance provides coverage to all registered and enrolled curriculum and continuing education students for covered injuries sustained while the insured student is:

  • Participating in activities sponsored and supervised by the school except for play and/or practice of intercollegiate sports; (there is a separate policy for athletes)
  • Traveling during such activities as a member of a group in transportation furnished or arranged by the school; or
  • Traveling directly to or from the insured’s home premises and the site of such activities.
  • The cost of coverage for this insurance program is paid for by college funds.

For information concerning coverages, benefits, exclusions, and definitions please refer to the Student Accident Insurance Plan brochure.

To file a student accident insurance claim, the student must do the following:

  1. Obtain a copy of the Student Accident Report from an Employee of the College or an Incident Report from the Campus Safety Office as soon as reasonably possible. Employees of the College can obtain the Student Accident Report form/packet from the Department Chair or from the cashier in the Business Office.
  2. Complete the Student Claim Form in entirety.
  3. The student should make a copy of the Accident Report and Claim form for their records.
  4. Return both forms to the cashier in the Business Office for the claim to be submitted.
  5. The student is responsible for submitting all medical bills to the insurance carrier. Information for the carrier is provided on the claim form.

These are time-sensitive documents. Please verify the forms are complete and accurate prior to submitting.

Students are encouraged to seek medical attention from their primary provider but if they do not have one, information can be provided on a location.

For questions please contact the Cashier’s Office at 910-362-7059 or businessoffice@cfcc.edu

Student Professional Liability Insurance

Professional Liability Insurance is required for students in some programs. The cost is $15 per year.

Professional Liability Insurance is required for:
Students in Healthcare programs prior to beginning clinical practice in assigned hospitals and nursing affiliates.

  • Cosmetologist
  • Child Development
  • Emergency Medical Technician – Basic and Paramedic
  • Pharmacist
  • Dental Assistant
  • Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
  • Radiologic Technician
  • Cardiology Technician
  • Phlebotomist
  • Surgical Technician
  • Nursing
  • Occupational Therapist Assistant
  • Veterinary Technician
  • Esthetics
  • Barbering

Student Health Insurance Resource

Short Term Medical
Short term medical plans are designed for individuals who do not currently have health insurance, are seeking alternative health insurance coverage for the short term or low deductible (co-pay) alternative plans. Students can email admin@studentccsi.com information or simply register online and one of their licensed insurance agents will assist in selecting a plan to meet your objectives.

  1. StudentCCSI is a licensed agent for United Healthcare, providing Short Term Medical Plan for community college students and their families.
  2. StudentCCSI Disclaimer: The Community College Student Insurance program is not endorsed by or affiliated with the State Board of Community Colleges nor the Community College System Office.

For more information, call 919-228-6474 , or visit www.studentccsi.com/ .

Translate »