Planning for Your Health Sciences Career
There’s a lot more to health science programs than meets the eye. Yes, we offer excellent nursing options, but we also offer programs that touch a multitude of other health care areas inside and outside of hospitals. The field of health care is diverse and abounds with exciting opportunities such as pharmacy, human and social services, paramedic, health information management and so much more. The medical field continues to grow and thrive and is in need of committed professionals with both technical skills and interpersonal skills.
Below you will find an array of helpful resources that will bring you one step closer to reaching your educational goal!
Explore Career Possibilities
Take a close look at all of the healthcare-related programs CFCC has to offer. At the link below, expand each healthcare profession and find related fields, job responsibilities, and employment outlooks.
Strategies for Selective Admissions
CFCC health science programs are an excellent choice. As a result, many of our selective admissions programs are very competitive. You may benefit from understanding that sometimes students need to ask the right questions to have a solid understanding of what it may take to get admitted into their “Number One Choice”.
- Reach out to the staff members of the Health Science Enrollment Center to discuss how competitive CFCC’s programs may be.
- Attend the health science program information sessions that are offered by the faculty members each year.
- Understand the difference between meeting minimum requirements to apply to a program versus its general education core classes, as well as the timing of your application. Discuss your questions with the members of the Health Science Enrollment Center.
- Be aware that you are encouraged to apply to several programs at a time- as long as you meet the minimum requirements and they are career choices you will enjoy.
Consider CFCC’s University Transfer Programs
Starting with one of CFCC’s University Transfer programs to earn an Associate in Arts or Science may also lead to a rewarding career in health care. Many universities offer exciting programs in athletic training, biology, clinical research, exercise science, hospital administration, medicine, public health, recreation therapy, and social work among many others. The staff of our Advising Center is available to help you make sure that you are able to consider university transfer as a viable option and take appropriate transfer courses that will help you achieve this goal.
Open Enrollment (Non-Selective Admissions) Programs
In addition, CFCC offers open enrollment majors that lead to health care jobs. These include Emergency Management , Emergency Medical Science , Health & Fitness Science , Medical Office Administration , Healthcare Business Informatics , and Substance Abuse Counseling . Please click each respective hyperlink to learn more about the program. To request more information, contact the program director listed on each program’s webpage.
Take Advantage of Career Resources
In order to assist you in making the right choices, CFCC encourages you to utilize our resources in Student Services. CFCC’s Career Development professionals look forward to discussing your questions and exploring this exciting time with you. Make an appointment today!
* Occupation information obtained from NCcareers.org .