CFCC launches fiber optic cable installer training program
WILMINGTON, NC — Cape Fear Community College, in partnership with CloudWyze, Focus Broadband, Spectrum, Fiber Optic Solutions, and MasTec, is pleased to launch a new Fiber Optic Cable Installer training program to meet the local workforce demand.
“CloudWyze is proud to partner with CFCC in the Fiber Optic Cable Installer program. At CloudWyze, we continue to need skilled workers as we grow our network footprint throughout the state,” said CloudWyze CEO Shaun Olsen. “We look forward to our future with the support of CFCC.”
“A surge in remote work environments and a high demand for network streaming services are creating a great demand for skilled fiber optic cable installers,” said CFCC Vice President of Economic and Workforce Development John Downing. “It’s a great opportunity for students to train quickly for a rewarding career.”
Students will learn
- Fundamental principles of cabling for both copper and fiber optic systems
- Training in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Using underground equipment
- Confined space training
- CPR/First Aid/AED, Flagger, and OSHA 10 safety
- Operation of industry-related equipment (bucket truck, mini-excavator, etc.)
- CDL-A w/ automatic and O restriction
Upon completing the program, graduates should qualify for careers as cable installer technicians and will get a guaranteed interview with employers like Focus Broadband, CloudWyze, Fiber Optic Solutions, Spectrum, MasTec, and more.
The 13-week program begins May 24, 2022, and seats are limited!